Cedric's NEW Apprentice

"And just what do you think you're doing?" Cedric said as Wormwood squawked. Freya was again attempting to make a potion. "This potion can transform stuff into lizards. I want to see how it works." she explained. After some massive explosions, Freya poured a glowing yellow mixture into a bottle. "Pretty." she commented. Then Freya put it on the potion cabinet.

                        Cedric was also starting to make a potion, and this one required a bit more concentration. Until there was a knock at the door. There was a large BOOM and a clatter of bottles. "Yes yes what is it?" said Cedric, rather irritated. Sofia said happily, "Hi Mr Ceedric!" "It's Cedric, as in Ceh-dric. Oh! It's so lovely to see your amulet-oh ho I mean you! Oh do come in!". "Hi Wormwood, Hi Freeya!" without missing a beat Freya said, "It's Freya.". 

                     Sofia then explained, "So, I have this sorcery class at school, and I was hoping since you're such a great sorcerer, you could teach me a few spells.". Cedric made a "really?" face. "I already have a student. And I am a royal sorcerer, not a school teacher." Freya said as she spun around, "Yeah he hasn't taught me anything and look where I'm at!" "Very funny." said Cedric as he rolled his eyes. Sofia then said, "But yeah see I have a test coming up and I'd be soooo grateful!". 

                    Cedric then promptly refused. "I know! I can clean up your workshop in exchange for magic lessons!" Sofia said with a bright smile. Freya said, "Your method is different than mine, I usually get him out of situations then use them as leverage." "Oh quiet Freya I'm thinking!" said Cedric. Cedric then said Sofia can be his apprentice, coming in and tidying up the place and assisting him with spells and potions, and in return he will teach her all she needs to know for her sorcery test. Sofia happily agreed and left. 

                       Freya was not too happy about this. "Why do royals get to do sorcery class? If they can do magic what's the point of us? And why does she get to be your apprentice? This is basically the first time she's ever held a wand!". Cedric made a face. "Freya, Wormwood, this is what we've been waiting for. I'll brew a potion that can make myself invisible, and while Sofia's tidying up the workshop I'll pour it on myself and swipe her amulet without her even knowing it!". Freya shook her head in her teacher's ignorance. There was already a spell for it wasn't there? And Freya told him this much. "What? Where?" they flipped through Freya's books but they couldn't find the spell. "But I've used it before! Where is it?" Freya said in wonder. Cedric asked Freya to do the spell herself. 

                      When Freya tried, she couldn't remember the words. "It's like the spell vanished on its own!" Freya exclaimed. Cedric shrugged, "Anyways, once I have the amulet I'll be able to use its power to take over the kingdom! I'll be the first sorcerer to be king! Imagine it, King Cedric, the first! Oh mother, father, if you could only see me now!" he said as he looked at the portrait of his parents. "We can, Cedric." said Cedric's father's voice from the painting, "Why do you think we gave you this portrait?" "Um... for my birthday?" "So your mother and I can keep an eye on you!" his father said as he materialised out of the painting. 

                     "A sorcerer's place is by the king's side, not on his throne." Cedric's father lectured. Cedric pouted, "Oh nothing I do is ever good enough for you is it father?" "Goodwin, let Cedric plan in peace!" said Cedric's mother as she too materialised out of the painting. "Oh Winifred, why must you encourage him?" Goodwin said as he rolled his eyes and disappeared back through the painting. "You go get that amulet and make your mummy proud!" Winifred said, then also disappeared back into the painting. Freya witnessed all this while sipping tea next to Wormwood.

                     Cedric of course then belted out into a song about him being disrespected by everyone and King Roland blaming everything on him, but with the power of the amulet he will be king an respected. While Cedric must think highly of himself during the musical number, to Freya he just looked really comical. When the song reached the highest point, it was interrupted by Baileywick who told Cedric to keep the noise down as it was disturbing the royals' supper. When he left Cedric did a more sad and quiet version of the song. Until the toy castle he had been playing with during the song caught fire.