Garden Thoughts

To Freya, the difference between enchanted gardening and regular gardening was that regular gardening required time, patience and careful nurturing just to sprout a single leaf. And the result of all the effort is worth the wait. While enchanted gardening required none of that, instead merely needing magical plant food and bam you've already got some singing sunflower and after that all you need to do is water it. 

                  To Cedric, the difference was that when you do regular gardening, you get regular plants. When you do enchanted gardening, you get magical plants. Whenever you got any type of bud or seed for enchanted gardening, there's always the part where the label says what the plant can do. Like laughing lilies or dancing daises. 

                 To Amber, it was all the same. Because she would never want to dig around in the soil. Which is what she said when Sofia and James excitedly told Freya about the afterschool gardening club. The young witch had no idea why James was so excited to learn about plants. Until he said the best part was digging around in the dirt. 

                  Freya really had nothing to do that day. Her crystal ball shards were all over the place ever since she bedazzled her bedroom so crystal gazing was no longer an option. Cedric wasn't in the mood to teach, even though Freya wanted to learn more about wandless magic. She had tried making things float but it never really worked. She was bored with her shoes, and all Amber wanted to do was look at her jewellery and gush about unicorns.

                  Amber wasn't really that good company, and most of the time Freya just sat next to her as she played with her own hair. Freya sighed on her bed, staring up at the ceiling. She recalled her most recent memory about the Buttercup trip. The large poof spell really took a lot out of Freya, and she seemed less energetic than she used to. And her wand was of no use anymore, so she took one of the oldest wands Cedric had given her for her birthdays and started using that.

                   Freya was really, really bored now. She had dropped out of witching school in favour of training with Cedric so never had a chunk of her day taken like everyone else anymore. There really wasn't anything to do for a child in a huge castle. She wasn't royalty so it wasn't like she could order servants around like Amber James and Sofia could. 

                  With really nothing productive to pass the time, she took her spellbooks and headed down on her broom to her secret garden. Daisy was napping, and she decided to go check on her flowers. The rising roses were good and tall, and the laughing lilies were quiet. Her favourite magical plants were the dancing daises. They looked so cute.

                   She hummed to herself as she pruned her garden, and stopped when she noticed there were less butterflies than usual, and there were cookie crumbs in a square patch of flattened grass. She never brought cookies in, and certainly never a picnic blanket. Someone else had been in her garden. Freya ran to her Hocus Crocus and breathed a sigh of relief. Whoever had been there hadn't spotted the precious flower yet. 

                   Freya relaxed a little as she sat under the willow tree next to the pond. Twirling her wand as she read her books, while also scribbling down some interesting spells for later. All the while, she began to think. Who was she really? Was she Hildegard's sister? Was she a witch? Was she the sorceress in training? Where does she belong? In Freezenburg? Among the witches? Or in the Enchancia Castle?

                   The young sorceress never felt like she belonged among the witches, despite her family constantly telling her she was one of them. She was so young when she ran away from Freezenburg, yet Hildegard fully welcomed her in. And now, Freya was questioning her status in the castle. She shook these thoughts out of her head. Now was not the time for an existential crisis. 

                   Daisy started to squeak. Freya magicked a teacup of grapes for the mouse from her bedroom. She smiled as the tiny mouse munched on the food. She then flew back to her bedroom. Just in time too, as Suzette knocked on her door bringing her a sandwich from the kitchen.

                 After that, Freya poofed to the library and picked out her favourite book series, then flew back down to her garden. Sitting under the willow tree, flipping through her books. It was nice. She didn't know how long she had been there, until she heard neighing in the far distance. Sofia and James must be back from their afterschool gardening club.

                 "Really? After all that you had to chase after Professor Popoff?" Freya said incredulously as she and Amber listened to Sofia and James' tale. James said, "Yeah, it took a while, but the fairies eventually managed to get him out of the bubble." they all laughed. "So what have you been doing this whole time Amber?" asked James cheekily. "What I've been doing everyday!" said Amber in a huff. "And that is?" said Freya. Amber made a face.

Time skip~~

                   Freya washed her face and got into her night dress. She couldn't sleep. And all the snowing in her bedroom was getting snow all over her bed. Freya buried her face into her pillow. She then got up and went over to her closet. In one of the drawers was a bunch of paper snowdrops. She stuck them in the snow at her windowsill, smiled, and went to sleep.

Author's note:

No idea what to write for this chapter so this story is weirddd