Why the Outdoors?

"You should join our Buttercup Scouts Freeya, it's really fun!" said Sofia as she was tying a "friendship knot". Freya shrugged, "I'm better off indoors." "Don't witches have Buttercup Troops too?" asked Ruby. "I mean, we have Grimm Guides. But we only had them as after school activities. In Freezenburg, we had Snowdrop Scouts." said Freya as she magicked up her old uniform. The Grimm Guides never had a uniform. They only ever wore a purple sash. 

                    The girls stared in awe, and toppled over when trying to help Sofia pull the friendship knot tight. Ruby's mother Mrs Hanshaw then came along to introduce the troop's newest members; twins Peg and Meg. Sofia, Ruby and Jade then did a Buttercup welcome dance, and they explained to the twins about the badges  you could earn as a Buttercup Scout. Mrs Hanshaw also talked about how if your vest was full of badges, you earned a sunflower medallion. Freya thought it would have been a buttercup.

                   Everyone oohed at the sunflower, and when Mrs Hanshaw announced that they would be taking a nature hike into the Pepper Tree Forest the next day, the girls squealed in delight. Freya, Miranda and Sofia saw the other Buttercups off as King Roland came back from his meeting of the knights. He wasn't very excited at the thought of Sofia in the woods.

                     However Sofia and Miranda were insistent on going on the hike. Miranda saying it will be safe, and that Sofia was a Buttercup before she was a princess. Even Baileywick stepped in, saying that his experience as a Groundhog Scout helped him learn a lot of skills, and the same could apply for Sofia. So the king decided it would be an excellent idea for Baileywick to accompany Sofia for the hike.

                    Somehow, Freya got roped in as well. Baileywick was tasked to make sure Sofia didn't get a single scratch and to keep her safe, and Freya was the magical backup. The next day, Freya was wearing her Snowdrop Scout uniform. She never wore it in Freezenburg because she spent most of her time there in the castle. Might as well wear a uniform along with the others. 

                     She looked at herself in the mirror. Staring at the baby blue shirt with a loose turtleneck collar and long sleeves, with a light brown pinafore that had a sapphire blue skirt. It kind of resembled Anna's winter dress from Frozen, except for the patterns. When she first got it, it was Astrid's hand me down, so it only fit now. She tied her hair into two ponytails, and substituted the brown fur scout cap for her sparkly dark blue mini witch hat headband. Then she put on her Grimm Guide sash. 

                    Freya was definitely surprised to see Baileywick's old Groundhog uniform, and even more surprised to see his ginormous backpack. So were Sofia and Miranda. Sofia wasn't too happy about the whole arrangement, and neither was Freya. Especially when Baileywick thought it was a good idea to use a trumpet to announce Sofia's arrival at the Pepper Tree Forest. On a nature hike. He even swept the ground. The ground that was a dirt path with patches of grass.

                   Sofia and Freya awkwardly walked behind the steward, and Freya couldn't object when Baileywick insisted her broom be stored for her in his backpack. "And who do we have here?" asked a bemused Mrs Hanshaw. Sofia said, "This is Baileywick, and you've met Freeya." as she gestured towards the two. "It's Freya." said Freya awkwardly. Baileywick said, "We'll be joining you today on the king's orders. Freya will be here as a magical backup.".

                   "Ah, royal escorts. Well as long as you can keep up with the Buttercups it's fine by me. And Freya, you might want to remember to have fun on the nature hike too." said Mrs Hanshaw. Freya nodded, and Baileywick said, "I was once a Groundhog Scout so I'm quite at home in the wild." until a butterfly landed on his nose and he freaked out. He then nudged Freya, urging her to talk about her own scout experience.