Flight Talk

Author's note:

Shorttt chapter

                     So Sofia was chosen to sing the anthem at the Enchancia harvest festival. Lately she seemed to be getting a big head about it. And Amber had an even bigger head. Freya never cared about any of that. She just continued on with what she was doing. Until Amber dragged her over to help pick out the gown for Sofia to wear. 

                        There were hundreds to choose from. "Which one do you suggest- ribbit!" croaked Sofia. Both Freya and Amber gave a start. "Is there a frog?" Freya said. Baileywick reassured them, "Oh I wouldn't think so." "There is only 3 things I'm scared of; Failure, not being popular and FROGS!" shivered Amber. The next thing they knew Amber was face to face with a croaking bullfrog. Amber screamed. Baileywick shrieked. Freya poofed away.

                        Freya ended up in Cedric's workshop again. Apparently Cedric was trying to make it rain indoors with a potion. Freya could do snow, but never did rain before. She floated up on her broom to where he and Wormwood were. Cedric mixed the potion, and.... made a cloud of rain pour down on himself. Freya laughed, and so did Wormwood.

                      Sofia then came in looking for a solution to her croaking. Cedric deduced her amulet must have cursed her, and that she must have done a bad deed. "Maybe I can take a look at your amulet and help undo the curse?" he said slyly. Sofia shook her head. "I was hoping you might have an undo croaking spell in one of your books?" Freya said, "There's no such spell." "I'll just have to take a look at your amulet." said Cedric.

                     The princess still said no, no matter how Cedric tried. The next day, Freya found Cedric's tactics to be very creepy. "Stop that you're a grown adult going after an 8 year old." she said. Cedric huffed, "Well do you have a better idea?" "I'm the 10 year old. She will feel more familiar among her own age group. Now scoot.".

                  Cedric frowned as he poofed in a puff of green smoke. Freya just walked away. She ran into Amber, who was bragging to her friends about how she used to sing the anthem and all the attention she got from it. Yep. Big head Amber alright. But who was she to stop her? Everyone bragged. Even she herself has bragged to her witch friends. 

                   Speaking of witch friends, she decided to pay Lucinda a visit. "What are you doing here Skunk Breath?" "Do I need a reason to talk to my favourite cuzzy wuzzy?" "Stop it Venna." "Up for flight Lemon Face?" "...That would be nice.".

                    "It's nice to hang out like this Cindy." said Freya as they cruised along in the sky. Lucinda said, "Yeah, but what's the real reason you came Venna? You never talked to me since you left for the castle. Then I see you chatting with the princess of Freezenburg. Who is she to you anyway?" Freya looked down, "It's complicated." "More complicated than your witch heritage? I know you never really accepted being a witch Venna, you were just there for the magic.".

                  "Yeah, I did just stick around for the magic." Freya said. "Then why did you start caring for us now? Is it because of Sofia?" "I guess. Hey look down there, she's on stage with her friends." "Watch out for the flying horses!".

                  The girls giggled. "Listen Venna, we grew up together. Both Lily and I know you better than that Freezenburg princess. You don't seem to be happy with either of us." said Lucinda. "I mean, Hildegard's my sister." "And what does that make Lily and I? Friends? Roommates? Lily said you were adopted at 5. You spent 5 years in Freezenburg, a few months with Lily and the rest with me. But now the only family you seem to acknowledge is the one you barely remember!".

                   Freya was quiet. What all of Lucinda said was true. They descended. "Listen Venna, I know you want to leave the mess in the past, but it doesn't change the fact that you're a witch. You should be proud of it." "I am proud of it. I'm going to be the next Royal Sorceress. Guess that makes me more powerful than you." Freya grinned. Lucinda rolled her eyes as she smiled, 

"There we go with you bragging about your magical progress." 

"Am I wrong though?" 

"I'm clearly more advanced."

 "As if!" 

"Oh really? HEX!"