Sisters Make Amends

"Don't our kites look brilliant?" James said, proudly showing them off to Freya. "Needs a little something." Freya said, and magicked on some pictures. A knight for James, a crown for Amber and Sofia's tiara for Sofia. "Oooh they're perfect!" squealed Amber. "Thanks Freeya!" Sofia said as they ran off to play. Freya said, "It's Freya.".

                     Freya read through her potion book as she stirred the cauldron. "What do you think you're doing?!" Cedric exclaimed. "Making a potion." "Don't read while stirring, some potions boil over if you stop!" a loud boom commenced and the whole room was covered in a stinky orange liquid. "Like that." Cedric said wiping some of the potion off his robes. 

                    The little witch changed out of her orange outfit into a yellow dress, a pink cape and a yellow hat. "How am I going to get this out? Oh well, time for a scrubbing spell.". As her clothes cleaned themselves, Freya did some more crystal gazing. She watched as Sofia's kite fly near the troll caves and James being a bro saying he would get it for her, but Sofia said she would get it instead. Then got scared and ran away when she saw a troll poke his head out of a hole in the cliff. 

                   Freya stopped watching and continued reading her books. Then went up to the workshop to practice. She made an absolute mess of the place. Freya excelled at spells, but was terrible in potion work. "Hm, we might have to emphasise more on potions next lesson." Cedric commented. "You never even taught me potions." "No wonder you're so bad at it.". Wormwood squawked in a way that Freya felt like she was being mocked by the bird. 

                     Cedric gave Freya another few books and Freya zoomed back to her room on her broom. As she read through them, there was a knock at the door. "Hello Miss Freya, there is a letter for you from Freezenburg." a woman said, handing her an envelope, then left. Freya opened it up. It was from Hildegard. Looks like she wanted to reach out to her more as a sister, and wants to invite her for a tea party. 

                     The girl pondered this. She hadn't been to Freezenburg in years. After she had run away, she was picked up by a witching family where she lived as a witch for years before Cedric took her under his wing. "Looks like I'm going back to Freezenburg after all this time." Freya said to herself. Freezenburg if you didn't know from the name, is a pretty cold kingdom. Freya opened up her closet. She still had her winter coat that she wore in Freezenburg. Obviously it didn't fit now. Freya was used to the cold, having such a frosty room. She was warm enough with her usual attire. But Freya took out a thick dark blue dress with a turtleneck, and a hooded, deep purple winter cloak. She replaced her cotton gloves with woollen ones and replaced her hat with earmuffs. 

                   Freya really didn't know what to bring to a tea party. So she settled on sugar biscuits and blueberry muffins. She wrapped them up in a bag and tied it to her broom. A thought then struck her, and she stuffed a golden necklace inside the bag. Freya encountered Sofia near the cliff. "Aren't you hot Freeya?" Sofia said in confusion. Freya said, "A little, I'm going to Freezenburg to visit Hildegard. Where are you going?" "To thank the troll that brought me my kite back." "You're going to do what?" Freya nearly fell off her broom. "Clover said it was the polite thing to do." Sofia explained. "You're taking the advice of a bunny rabbit?". Sofia went down to the troll cave anyway.

                     She'll be fine, Freya thought. Then she zoomed off to Freezenburg. Freya made a few stops along the way, but soon got to Freezenburg. She reminisced as her face was hit with the cold wintry breeze. Though it wasn't as cold as she remembered. Down below she noticed a girl in a brown furry coat and hat waving up at her in a sleigh. Hildegard. Freya descended. "Ravenna! You're a day late, but you made it!" Hildegard said happily. Freya gave a small curtsy, and said, "I never liked that name, just call me Freya.". Hildegard frowned, but nodded. "So what took you so long?" "My broom isn't very fast, and I made a few pit stops. Plus you never specified the date.".

                   Things were a little awkward in the sleigh. King Henrik greeted Freya with a big smile and hug. Princess Astrid, Hildegard's older sister, also seemed pleased at Freya's arrival. Freya felt even more awkward when the king and princess seemed to laugh off Freya's time in Freezenburg when she was little, often bringing up past stories that were funny to them, but awkward for Freya and Hildegard. 

                    Hildegard and Freya had a quiet tea party in Hildegard's room. Freya looked around as she sipped her tea. "Remember you made a blanket castle in that corner?" she said. Hildegard smiled, "And you knocked it all down, while I was still inside.". Freya giggled, "I was 4, I didn't know that blanket castles were so collapsible!" "We had the best times Freya, why did you run away? You were practically royalty.". 

                  Freya was quiet. "...I guess I didn't think straight. It stopped being fun when you started ordering me around like a regular servant. You were rude to me Hildegard, to a lot of people. You wanted everything you saw, even my own bracelet, which Astrid gave specifically to me. And you took it that day. I was angry. So, I left.". Hildegard looked ashamed, and glanced down at the floor, and so did Freya. Hildegard said nothing, but pushed something towards her. It was the bracelet she had taken years ago. 

                   The two girls sat in silence. Freya slowly took the bracelet, and got out the golden necklace she had brought and pushed it towards the princess. "I took something from you too, before you took my bracelet. It was so pretty, and I wanted it.". At first, Hildegard wore a shocked expression on her face. Then softened to a smile. She stood up, went over to Freya and hugged her. Freya was surprised, but returned the embrace.

                   "Are you sure you don't want to stay Freya?" Hildegard asked as Freya put on her cloak. Freya said, "I made my choice long ago, I'm the sorceress in training of Enchancia now.". "Come visit more often." said Hildegard, "Hey, Freezenburg is my first home." Freya said with a chuckle. As she was about to set off for Enchancia, Hildegard stopped her. "That's what you're flying in?" she said gesturing at Freya's broom, "No, you need a real ride.".

                   Hildegard waved goodbye to Freya as Freya got down from the carriage, and Freya did the same. James and Sofia were playing outside as the carriage left. "Where have you been?" Sofia asked. "Freezenburg.". James scratched his head, "I thought you said you didn't like Hildegard?" "I don't, but it's a start. I heard I've been gone for an entire day, so, what did I miss?". They walked inside, and James had a big grin, "Oh, you should have been here, it was brilliant!" he said, as he told Freya about their escapade with the castle trolls.