Freya Gets a Pet

Author's Note:

Hey Hi Hello Annyeonghaseyo Koniciwa and Bonjour. I haven't been doing WattPad stuff for a while due to physical school opening up again therefore I spend less time staring at my computer. Most likely won't be posting very often as this year for me has a huge exam. In my school wether or not you move up to the next year is determined by your average score, so study study study. This chapter will be short as I am trying to get my stuff together so I can scrape a pass. Hopefully I can move up to the Senior years. The third years of Junior and Seniors are tough. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                 "A pet contest?" Freya noted as Hildegard read the letter sent by Amber, "That's what Amber said. I think Lulu will definitely win. What about you Freya?" asked Hildegard. Freya said, "I don't know, I don't really have a pet.". Hildegard responded, "Well, I hope I have your support for Lulu." "For my own sister? Of course. I'd better fly, see you at the next tea party?" "It will be chamomile, our favourite." replied Hildegard with a smile. Freya grinned and took off.

                    Freya was walking around the woods near the castle bridge when she bumped into a familiar witch. She had golden blonde hair, a dark amber hat, a cream dress, and had a flower for a wand. "Lily?" "Freya weya!" Lily exclaimed. Lily and her family were the ones who took Freya in long ago, and were also the people who named her Freya due to the fact that she was literally emanating frost from her fingertips. 

                     Until she found her actual family, which was also a witching one. Her rival at school teased her for being Lily's former adoptive sister and hexed her indigo coloured hair to match Lily's. But it went wrong, and no one could change Freya's hair back to its original colour. The two hated each other for a long time after that. Until Freya's uncle married her aunt. 

                    Things got awkward fast between them. Then Freya's parents went off on their own, and she was back to square one. Though Lily again offered her to stay, Freya went with her new cousin, as her uncle recommended. Lily was so happy to see Freya again in the woods. "What are you doing here Freya?" she asked. "Nothing, just looking at the scenery." Freya said shortly. She never really liked Lily, she was too much of a goody two shoes. Though she grew up with Lily, Freya had begun to prefer Hildegard's company. 

                    Freya when she was young was bumped around in families, but of all of them she remembered and preferred her home in Freezenburg. Some of the other witches even feared her, but some teased her and called her Frostbite. Only Lily seemed to coddle her like a baby. Made sense, she was a few months older. Freya wanted to forget everything. She said bye to Lily and left without hesitation.

                      Freya wasn't really concentrating in the workshop, and Cedric and Wormwood just played checkers anyway. Freya never knew how to play checkers and often used chess moves instead, much to Cedric's annoyance. Freya merely twirled her wand around and mumbled a spell. There was a boom, and Cedric kicked Freya out. 

                   The little witch was in the garden watching the royals and their pets. Amber had her peacock, and Sofia had her rabbit. Freya expected Rex, James' dog, but he has a baboon now, for some reason. How where and when he got a baboon, Freya did not know. Then Zandar came over with his pet ELEPHANT, Hildegard with her mink, and Vivian with Crackle the dragon, who somehow taught herself how to ride a unicycle. 

                   "Everyone's pet is so talented...." Sofia muttered in despair. Freya turned around, "I mean at least you have one." "You're not entering the contest?" "Ha! I don't even have a pet." "What about Wormwood?" "He likes Cedric more than me." Freya said as she rolled her eyes. Amber overheard this. "Freya, you don't have a pet?" "You don't see me being followed around by a rabbit, bird or dog do you?" said Freya in a huff, not liking being put into a spotlight. "Don't all witches have like a black cat?" asked Zandar. 

                       Freya said, "That's a stereotype, and I'm allergic." "No she's not. She's scared of cats." Hildegard explained. Freya turned pink, "No I'm not! They're just really scratchy!". "And she's scared of birds, rats, dogs..." Hildegard listed, before Freya whipped her shoe off and threw it at Hildegard to get her to stop. The shoe stopped seconds before coming into contact with Hildegard's face and it magically flew to Freya's hand. "My new experiment of boomerang shoes." "Brilliant!" James called from under a pile of leaves. 

                      Everyone was leaving for the contest already, and Sofia actually took Ginger, a snowy white bunny from the castle zoo instead of messy Clover. Clover was sad, and Freya didn't need a translation spell to understand that Crackle would have a cookout with him to cheer him up. What good friends. Zandar's elephant got scared off by a mouse. Freya laughed. Hildegard called Freya to get in her carriage. Freya said she would take her broom. She took a walk through the garden and found the same mouse from earlier trying to get a berry from a bush. "Aren't you adorable?".

                      She then cast the translation spell. "Good day miss, what can I do for you?" said the mouse. "Hi, need a hand with the berries?" "Why thank you kind girl.". Clover then came over. "Nice, you have good taste little mouse." he said, "What's your name?". "Daisy. Um, I don't reckon you've got a place for me to stay? I don't seem to remember what I was doing before. But I do remember I was in a house. And now I have nowhere to go.". "I have an idea.".

                   Freya pulled down a bush to reveal a secret door. she opened it, and it was as if there was a whole other world inside. "This is my secret garden, It needed some pruning. Nothing a little magic can't fix. I've enchanted it to stay in the spring season. You can stay here Daisy. I gotta go.".

                     Freya watched the pet contest and Sofia ended up going back to get Clover and won the pet contest with him, but not before landing the carriage right on the stage and making the contest announcer nearly pee himself. Freya didn't watch the winners ride in the parade, and instead played tea party in the woods with Hildegard and her mink. "It's too bad you don't have a pet Freya, or you could have taken part in the contest too." said Hildegard. Freya felt something in her dress. Daisy had hitched a ride in her pocket and was poking her head out for a treat.

                   "Daisy you little stowaway." Freya laughed as she booped her nose and fed her a grape. "Isn't that the mouse that scared Zandar's elephant." asked Hildegard. Freya said, "Yeah, she keeps following me around." "Freya, I think you've got yourself a new pet.". The girls laughed.