Not One For Sports

Freya was never really one for sports. Until she got a letter inviting her to the annual game she and her old adoptive sister Lily used to play in the 10 months they were together. Freya was in Lily's family for such a short time compared to her previous and current family she nearly forgot all about her. Just then, there was a loud boom.

                    The little witch had received the letter just as she was getting ingredients for a potion Cedric was stirring, and while distracted she had handed him the wrong ingredient, resulting in Cedric and Wormwood being covered in stinky purple goo. Freya was protected by the letter so she merely got a purple hat and skirt. She cackled loudly and Cedric gave her a book about concentration before kicking her out.

                    Freya hovered around the castle when the three royal children nearly knocked her off her broom racing to the flying coach. "Sorry Friya!" Sofia called. Freya answered, "It's FREYA.". Sometimes Freya considered going back to her old name Ravenna. But then again Sofia would probably pronounce it as Rowena. 

                   Freya changed into mint green attire consisting of a long sleeved top, a short skirt and pants. She tied her hair into a ponytail and wore a much smaller light blue pointed hat attached to a headband. She then hopped on her broom and took off.

                       It wasn't long before she arrived at a field. Lily greeted her. "Ready for the tri-race event?" she asked. "You know I'm just here to get it over with.". The little activity Lily's family liked to do was have three types of races in one. First, wands would be taken and you'd have to use your broom and race across the field through magic obstacles. Then up at the next point you'd have your wand back and have to turn all the rocks on your line into gems. And finally, a tall flower maze, with no flying allowed.

                      It was always just her and Lily doing the small race. Half the time Freya walked off. This time however she decided she would try to actually complete the challenge. Lily's mother started them off. Lily was excellent on a broom and the much better flyer. However, one of her weaknesses was that she'd get distracted sometimes. So when one of the magic obstacles was a gopher popping out of a hole...

                      "EEEEEEEEEP! So cuteeee!" Lily squealed as Freya zipped past. At the next point, Freya got one upped by Lily as she turned all the rocks into crystals at once while Freya turned them into different types of gems. Now for the maze. Lily already had a head start and was trying to figure a way out. Freya could partially see through the stems. A left turn here, a dead end there, a right turn, then another left, and another dead end, then a last right turn and Freya was out a few seconds after Lily. 

                      While Lily was the winner, Freya got a charm bracelet as a small prize for actually completing the race rather than walking off. Freya thanked her adoptive family and flew back to the castle. On the way she saw the royals and others down below and descended out of curiosity.  

                     "Hi Baileywick. James, Sofia. And your highnesses. Mind filling me in on what's happening?" Freya asked. "We're about to play golden egg on a spoon race. Would you like to join?" said Baileywick. Freya responded, "I'll give it a shot, but I'm not a good runner.". She magicked up her own golden egg and spoon and stood next to Sofia at the starting line.

                  She dropped her egg halfway through the race. Freya laughed as the egg rolled away and the others continued running. James however had a huge temper when he lost to fellow royal Princess Maya of Khaldun. "What a sore loser." the royal kids said as James stormed off angrily. Sofia said he was probably too excited about winning.

                    Freya then asked, "So where's your stepsister Amber?" Sofia replied, "She should be over there parasol decorating with Princess Lena." "Of course she would.". Freya found them and took interest. She magicked up another chair, a parasol and her own materials. She later hid behind the parasol as Lena spilled glitter everywhere, with an already covered in glue Amber looking like a party hat.

                   "How do you conjure things up from nothing?" Lena asked. Freya said, "I don't. That's currently beyond my level. Everything has to come from something for me. This chair I just transported from my bedroom. The materials are the ones Hildegard sent me." "Interesting. Everything is blue." said Amber. "And you're all glittery pink." answered Freya shortly.

                 Freya left after she was finished and flew back to the castle. As usual, she stuffed her things under her bed. From under the bed she took out a small cup. She walked past the kitchen and pinched some snacks. Then she went to her secret garden. Pushing aside the bush she opened up the door. There was Daisy, her pet mouse that roamed in the garden. "Here's lunch today Daisy." she said as she laid down the cup. Daisy scurried up and munched happily. Smiling in satisfaction, the girl left.

                  "So, did you finish that book of concentration?" Cedric asked grumpily as he opened the workshop door. Freya rolled her eyes and chucked the book at him as she walked in. "Of course I didn't, why else would I be in here?" "Shouldn't you be doing that sporty thing you said you were going to do?" said Cedric. Freya merely took out food for Wormwood and plopped down a spellbook. 

                    Freya said, "I'm done with it and that's beside the point. If I'm training to be a sorceress, I want to learn wandless magic.". "It's already sundown. Why did you come up now?" groaned Cedric. Freya smirked, "Unless you don't know any wandless magic.". "...That would be potions. Now get out.". Cackling, Freya left.

Author's Note:

Short chapter because I couldn't come up with anything else.