why you break up

(Preference: why you break up)

Adam Banks: He put his goals above yours. You knew going into the relationship that he had serious hockey goals. You yourself had some serious goals you were working towards. You were each others biggest cheerleaders for a long time and really supported each other. Gradually, the  support scale started to tip though. It was when his goals seemed to outweigh yours and the cheering became one sided that you two broke up.

Charlie Conway: You met someone else. When someone new came into your life, you couldn't ignore your feelings for them. It wasn't that you didn't love Charlie, because you absolutely did, but you didn't think it was fair to stay together when you also had feelings for someone else. It really hurt you to hurt him but you needed to do what was best for yourself. The breakup was super messy and you could only hope that some day you could be friends again.

Guy Germaine: You both felt stuck in a rut. The two of you had been together almost all the way through your teens and best friends even before that. After so long, though, things started to go a bit stale. It wasn't that you didn't love each other anymore or anything like that but you had been dating for so long that you both felt like you might have missed out on experiences and didn't want to have any regrets by staying together when you both needed a break.

Dean Portman: His jealously got too out of hand. You used to think that his jealousy was kind of cute and it wasn't a big problem in the beginning. After a while, it started to get on your nerves a bit with him getting upset about guys talking to you but it was nothing a reassuring talk couldn't fix. It was when you kept having to have the same talk over and over and over again and it became a question of trust that you decided you two needed to take a break.

Fulton Reed: You decided you were better off as friends. You and Fulton had had a 'will they/won't they' thing going on for as long as you could remember. When you finally got together, though, things just weren't meshing right. After a few weeks of trying to make things work, you decided that you were better as friends than lovers. It just wasn't the right time for you two to be anything more than that.

Lester Averman: You thought he had some maturing to do. As much as you loved Les's sense of humor and his fun loving attitude, you felt that you were maturing at different speeds. You were looking to get more serious while he was more than okay with keeping things the way they were. It came down to wanting different things from the relationship and it was clear that neither of you were going to change your minds.

Luis Mendoza: He cheated on you. Summer time had come and he was going back to Miami to see his family. You promised to call each other every night and, while a bit hard at first, you were making it work. One night, you had called and his sister told you he wasn't home. You didn't think too much of it until he called you out of the blue one day. He confessed that he had been spending time with his ex and they had kissed. You hung up, not wanting to hear any excuses.

Dwayne Robertson: He was getting too serious too fast for you. You had been dating for a few months and everything had been going great. That is until he gifted you a promise ring for Valentine's Day. And damn if it didn't scare you. You were both young and there was so much you wanted to experience in life and you weren't sure if those experiences included him. It wouldn't be fair to string him along with the doubts you had so you broke up with him.

(A/N: This one was so sad to write! I hate break ups but I'm sure that these ones wouldn't last too long lol What do you think? Do these break ups seem accurate? Let me know in the comments! And, as always, requests are open! Until next time! Thanks!!)