cookin' (l.m.) (requested)

(A/N: This oneshot was requested by Olivia_Winston_Banks. Thanks for the request! I hope you like it. The song in the title is a reference to the song of the same name by Pete Townshend. Now, on with the oneshot!)

       "Are you sure I can't help you?" 

       I hear my boyfriend, Luis, ask from his spot at the island in my kitchen. I'm currently at the stove, multitasking between stirring a pot of boiling pasta and a pot of sauce. I smile but shake my head.

       "Speedy, you are lethal with a butter knife. I'm not letting you any where near a stove." I say, keeping a watchful eye on the pots.

       "Hey! In my defense, that piece of bread had it coming." He jokes, standing from his seat and opening one of my cabinets.

       "What are you doing now?" I ask as the timer on the stove goes off. I quickly turn it off and turn off the pasta.

       "Looking for the strainer." Luis replies.

       "It's over here." I say, opening the cabinet closest to me. I take out the strainer and put it in the sink.

       "Are you sure you don't need my help? That pot looks heavy." Luis says, coming up closer to me as I grab the pot.

       "I'm good, I swear!" I say with a slight laugh.

       I'd come to eat my words as I was pouring out the pasta, some of the scalding hot water splashed up and got me on my hand. I yelped and dropped the pot into the sink, clutching my now burnt hand. Before I can move, however, Luis speeds over to me and grabs my hand. He turns the sink on to cold water and places my hand under it. After a few minutes, the pain starts to ebb away and it's not so bad anymore.

       "Are you okay, mi Corazón?" Luis asks, bringing my hand out from under the water and examining it.

       "I'm okay. It only hurts a little now, thanks to your quick thinking." I say back.

       He nods and brings my injured hand to his lips and presses a light kiss to it. I smile at the cute gesture. He smiles back and looks down into the sink.

       "Um...we might need to make some new pasta." He says, laughing a little.

        I look down as well to see a sink full of pasta and an almost completely empty strainer. I pout a bit at having wasted the pasta but Luis is quick to kiss the pout away. I giggle and go to fill the pot with more water but Luis takes it from my hands.

       "Oh no you don't! We've had enough kitchen mishaps for one day." He says, putting the pot back in the sink. "How 'bout we just order take out?"

       "Sounds perfect." I say, smiling. 

       We clean the mess in the sink and put the sauce in a container for another day. We wind up ordering pizza and Luis burns his mouth on the cheese. I can't help but laugh as I think that maybe we're both kitchen menaces.

(A/N: Well? How was it? I know it's a little short. Sorry 'bout that! I don't really have much to say this time around. Thanks again to Olivia_Winston_Banks for the request! That's all for now! Until next time! Thanks!!)