think of me (a.b.) (pt. 2)

(A/N: Here it is! The long awaited (at least by me lol) part 2 to the two-shot for Adam Banks, part 1 being entitled 'Yesterday'. This took me a while because I needed to think of a song to use for it, amongst other things lol Anyway, enough chatter! On with the fic!)

(Y/N's POV)

       I took a slow, deep breath as our choir director called for us to take our places in line. The concert was about to begin. What concert, you ask? Well, only Eden Hall's Spring concert! Every year, Eden Hall holds a final band and choir concert for the patrons and students of the school to attend. A culmination of a year's worth of practicing pieces as a choir/band as well as soloists.

       This year, our choir was doing a selection of solos from various musicals, including 'The Phantom of the Opera'. I had auditioned for a solo from 'Phantom' but was beaten out by a senior. Everyone I'd talked to agreed that I should have gotten it but seniors always took priority.

       "Oh my god! Y/N! Did you hear?" My friend, Lily, asked as she ran up to me.

       "No. What's going on?" I asked back.

       "Marissa Poldark has laryngitis! She can't do her solo!" Lily exclaimed.

       I gasped. Marissa Poldark was the senior who beat me out for the solo I wanted.

       'I wonder...' I started to think.

       "Okay, everyone." Our choir director, Ms. Wilkerson called out, gathering everyone around. "As you may have heard, Ms. Poldark is unable to perform her solo today so we'll be skipping our 'Phantom' section."

       "Wait! Y/N can do the solo!" Lily said, excitedly raising her hand to get our director's attention.

       "Wait, what?" I asked. I grabbed her hand and brought it back down. "What are you doing?!"

        "Come on, Y/N! You can do this! Don't you want to do the solo?" Lily asked.

       "Well, yeah, but-"

       "Is this true, Ms. Y/L/N? Can you perform the solo?" Ms. Wilkerson asked brightly.

       "Well-"

       "Do it, Y/N!" I heard someone call out. The others around us called out in agreement.

       I take a deep breath and nod my head. "Okay, I'll do it." I say.

       A small amount of cheering happens and then I'm whisked away to go over the solo with the pianist.

(3rd Person POV)

       Adam sighed as he readjusted his tie. He was seated in the auditorium with the rest of the Ducks waiting for the band to finish their final song. It wasn't that he didn't want to be there but more so it was...awkward. The Ducks had come to support Y/N in the concert that the whole creative arts department has been working all year on. But ever since he and Y/N broke up, it was hard to be in the same room together.

        "Dude, stop fidgeting." Charlie, his best friend, said while nudging him with his elbow.

        "Can't help it." Adam whispered back.

       The last few notes were played and a round of applause filled the auditorium. Adam clapped along absentmindedly and the band started to make their way off the stage.

        "Guys, Y/N's up next!" Connie whispered loudly to the group.

       Adam gulped. As the choir took the stage, he couldn't help but admire how beautiful Y/N looked in her choral outfit. Sure, the other girls were wearing the same outfit but he thought it suited Y/N the best. God, did he miss her.