~9k Oneshot Special~

(A/N: Here it is! The 9k reads Oneshot Special! Like, finally, right? Truth be told I kind of completely forgot about this oneshot what with working on requests and real life being crazy. Sorry about that! But here it is! Thanks to everyone who voted! Now, on with the oneshot!!)

       It was around 1 o'clock in the afternoon as I walked into Mickey's diner. My boyfriend, Charlie, and I were meeting here for a lunch date before heading to practice. I looked around and didn't see the familiar brown mop of hair so I guess I beat him here. I grabbed us a booth and looked out the window, watching the people walk by and occasionally looking at my menu. A few minutes later, the door to the diner opened again and in walked Charlie, looking nervous.

       "Charlie! Over here!" I called out, waving my hand in the air to get his attention.

       He looked over at me and came my way, sliding into the booth across from me. Upon closer look, Charlie looked as white as a fresh sheet of snow. Alarmed, I put down my menu and went to grab his hand across the table.

       "Charlie? Are you okay?" I asked. I almost grabbed his hand but he pulled it away at the last second.

       "Um, yeah. I'm fine." Charlie replied, his leg bouncing nervously.

       "Are you sure? You look like you've seen a ghost." I said. He really looked spooked.

       "What are you talking about? I haven't seen anything! Nothing at all!" Charlie chattered back. He kept looking around like he expected someone to jump out at him. He was really starting to scare me.

       "Okay. Something's definitely up. Spill." I said, crossing my arms over my chest. Charlie looked around again before leaning in.

       "If I tell you this, you have to promise not to laugh." Charlie whispered across the table to me.

       "Cross my heart, Cap." I whispered back, making a cross over my heart for good measure.

       "Okay." He looked around again. "I was skating on Duck's pond to get in a little warm up before practice. I remembered our date so I went home to take a quick shower. When I got home..."

       "What, Charlie?" I asked.

       "I heard a noise. Coming from my mom's room. I thought Mom had gone out with Bombay so I grabbed the baseball bat. You know, the one we keep for protection."

       "Oh god, Charlie, was there a burglar?" I asked, worry overwhelmed my voice.

       "No." He shuddered quickly. "Something much worse."

       "Well, what was it?" I asked.

       "I should have noticed the coats on the chair. O-or the shoes in the hallway." Charlie muttered.

       Wait. Coats? Shoes? What was he talking about?

       "What are you talking about? Charlie, what did you see?!" I asked exasperated.

       "I opened the door and walked in on my mom and Bombay, okay?!" Charlie whisper-shouted.

       Silence filled the air aside from the occasional scraping of forks on plates.

       "You...you what?" I asked, stunned.

       "It was horrible! I screamed and they screamed and I ran out of there as fast as I could but I've seen things now, Y/N! Terrible things!" Charlie exclaimed, falling back into the booth and slouching in the seat.

       I didn't know what to do. I mean, what do you say to something like that? After a few moments of processing, I did the only thing I could think to do. I laughed. I laughed hard.

       "Y/N! You promised you wouldn't laugh!" Charlie said, a small pout forming on his face.

       That just made me laugh harder.

       "C'mon, Y/N, I'm scarred for life here!" Charlie exclaimed again.

       Still laughing, I got up from my side of the booth and scooched in next to Charlie on his side. As my laughter died down, I put my arm around my traumatized boyfriend and brought him into my side.

       "I'm sorry, Handsome. But..." I laughed again, briefly, "You-you just have the worst luck in the world!" I finished with another brief laugh.

       "Well, it's not funny! I can't get the image out of my head!" Charlie complained.

       "Aw, poor baby. Do I need to kiss it and make it better?" I asked.

       "No!" Charlie jumped away from me. "Uh...no. I don't think we should until I get the image out of my head. I don't the two things to be associated." Charlie shuddered again.

        "Oh, come on. Not even a little kiss?" I asked, leaning in jokingly.

       "I'm serious, Y/N!" Charlie exclaimed yet again.

       I just laughed at my boyfriend's antics. "I'm guessing you don't want to eat at a time like this, huh?"

       "No. No food...Ever again." Charlie shook his head. He snuggled into my side though so that was a good sign.

       "How 'bout we just go to practice early and forget all about this?" I asked, comfortingly.

       "Yeah, let's do that. Thanks." Charlie said.

       We got out of the booth and made our way to the door.

       "So...who was on top?"

       "Y/N!"

(A/N: Finally! A long oneshot for once! And a sorta spicy one too lol I had so much fun writing this one. I know it's kind of a cliche but I just had to go for it! That's all for now! Until next time! Thanks!!)