06 | Stargazing

"You called me," Winter muttered. "Because you want me to sing for you? Really?"

"What?" Karina chuckled. "That's what you do, right? Sing?"

"...Yes." The singer sighed. "But God, not when it's eleven in the evening."

"I can't sleep."

It's true. Karina tried all the things she could do to make herself fall asleep. She watched a movie, played a game, made herself a glass of milk, but to no avail, she still can't sleep.

She wanted to call her friends, but she knows they are snoring on top of their beds already and she doesn't want to disturb them.

To her luck, she went online and saw a green dot next to Winter's username. She decided to call the girl and within just a few rings, Winter answered the call.

"Why can't you sleep?"

"...I don't know?" Karina muttered, as if she's also questioning herself.

"You don't know?" She heard the singer chuckle.

"I guess I was too energized earlier."

"From my kiss?"

Karina snorted. "Whatever makes your night, Kim."

Winter's chuckle turned into a full blown laughter.

"How about you?" Karina spoke again. "Why are you still awake?"

"Hmm..." Winter hummed. "I'm stargazing."

"Stargazing?"

"Yup." The singer said. "Look at the sky."

Karina stood up from her bed and went to her balcony. She looked up, and saw millions of stars above.

"Where are you right now, Winter?"

"At our rooftop."

"I'm watching too." Karina whispered. "At my balcony."

A comfortable silence grew.

"Take it from the top, If I start I just can't stop..."

Winter started singing a song. And although Karina is unfamiliar with it, she still wanted to listen.

"All the patience that I've got, It's not enough to save me..."

Karina might not say it in front of Winter, but she really loves the girl's voice. Even before when they were still not talking to each other, Karina wondered how someone could have such a beautiful unique voice like Winter's.

"It's a race against the clock, But we don't wanna watch..."

She also likes Winter's love for singing.

"Keep running 'til we're lost, Got me thinkin'..."

She has seen Winter on top of the stage so many times already. And she swears she never once saw the girl looking bored or tired of what she's doing.

"Ooh, baby, You take me on a ride...Gonna drive me crazy..."

She sees a burning passion. A desire to sing. Winter stands there on the stage, looking confident, wanting to serenade everyone with her heavenly voice. Not once did Karina see that passion missing in Winter's eyes. It's always there.

"Ooh, baby, I feel like we made it pretty far, Now we're stargazing..."

And that is something she admires from the singer.