15 | Halfway In Love

"So…you are?"

"Winter Kim." Winter stood up and bowed her head in front of Tiffany. "Nice to meet you, Mrs. Yu."

"Winter…Kim." Tiffany muttered. "Nice to meet you." 

Karina glanced at her mother, before looking at Winter. She saw the slight nervous expression on the singer's face, which made her chuckle. 

"Sit down, Winter." She heard her Mom say. 

"Ah, yes. Thank you." Winter immediately sat down beside Karina. 

After they left Giselle and Ningning at the mall, they decided to go to Karina's house because the latter had promised to cook dinner for Winter. 

And because they want to have their alone time together.

But sometimes…things don't go as planned. 

"Should I cook dinner now?" Karina asked as she laid down on the couch. 

Winter took off her own shoes before climbing on top of Karina, laying down on the girl's chest. 

"Hmm, no."

The taller girl giggled as her fingers went through Winter's hair. "Why are you so clingy today?"

"I'm always clingy."

"You are," Karina muttered as her hands went to Winter's cheek, tracing letters on it. "But you're extra affectionate today."

I

"I missed you, actually." The taller girl felt Winter shrug. "We barely meet these days."

L

"…I missed you, too." Karina smiled. "How was your practice?"

I

"Mark and I are already prepared. We're just trying to make everything perfect now."

K

"That's good."

E

"…You're writing something on my cheek."

Y-

The taller girl stopped and smiled. "That's—"

"Karina? Sweetie, I'm home." 

Winter immediately stood up as soon as she heard the voice. On the other hand, Karina calmly sat up from lying down on the couch. 

"Who's that?" The singer muttered.

As if on cue, Tiffany Yu appeared in front of the living room.

Karina smiled at her Mom before glancing at Winter.

"My Mother."

"I'm assuming that you're Karina's new friend?" 

Winter drank the glass of water in front of her before speaking. "Yes, Ma'am."

They are currently having dinner in Yu's dining room. Instead of Karina, Tiffany was the one to cook the meal for them. 

And Winter would be lying if she says that Tiffany's cooked dish is far from being delicious.

Tiffany smiled gently at her. "How did you two meet?"

The singer absent-mindedly scratched her chin. 

'I kissed your daughter on our first meet, Ma'am.'