14 | Indigo

"Karina…" Winter sighed. "Can you please tell me why we are doing this?"

"I can't. I'm not in the position to tell." Karina answered her. "Just trust me."

"Baby, you're literally making me pick up Giselle in front of her house." The singer said, glancing at the enormous house. "She would surely think of this as something else."

"It's a part of the plan, baby." Karina chuckled. 

"A plan that I'm clueless about," Winter glanced at the house again, seeing that the Half Japanese had already stepped out of it. "Listen, I have to go. She's coming."

"Okay. Wish you luck, baby."

"You better cook me a good dinner after this."

Karina laughed. "Sure."

The call ended. 

Winter got out of her car and went to the passenger side, opening the door for Giselle. 

"Hey, Gigi. Hop in."

Giselle went inside the car and Winter followed after. 

"So, uhm…" The Half Japanese watched as Winter started to drive. "Why are we…you know…doing this?" 

"Oh, uh, don't get me wrong. This is nothing like what you're thinking about right now." Winter immediately said, wanting to clear out any confusion. 

"Okay…?" Giselle muttered. "That's…that's good. Karina would surely kill me if it is."

"Huh?"

"Don't mind me." The Japanese shook her head. "So, what is this for? Why did you suddenly ask me out?"

"Well, Karina wanted me to pick you up…for some reason." Winter scratched her nape. "I don't know why I'm picking you up either, so we're both clueless here."

"Ah, so it's Karina's plan?"

"Yup."

"Not surprised." Giselle shrugged. "So what songs do you plan to sing at the mini concert?"

The two spent the ride casually talking about the songs and themselves until they arrived at the mall, which is where Karina wanted them to go. 

Winter and Giselle got out of the car and went inside. 

"Karina said they are near the entrance." The singer muttered while looking at the message Karina sent her. 

Giselle raised a brow. "They?"

Winter shrugged, silently telling her that she doesn't know either. 

"Gi! Winter!" 

The two turned their heads to look at the person who called them. It was Karina…with Ningning.

"Ningning?" Winter heard the girl beside her mutter, which made her confused. 

"Hey, girls." Karina greeted as soon as she and Ningning arrived in front of them. 

Just like Giselle, Ningning is not in any normal state either. 

She looked surprised, as if she had just seen a ghost. 

The 'ghost' is technically right in front of her. 

"So, I had this idea yesterday…" Karina started. "About hanging out with Ningning. But then, Winter wanted to come—"

"Huh? I did?"

"Yes." Karina stared intently. "You did."

Winter just stared at her.