23 | Empty Track

Talking to Tiffany was harder than expected.

At least, that's what Winter realized upon seeing her mother's face earlier. 

"You look stupid, Mom."

"I'm not! I'm just nervous!"

"Well then be brave! You can't earn her forgiveness if you're just gonna sit around here." 

"I'm taking my time, okay?"

"Which took too long." Winter retorted back. "Mom, we literally go here in front of their house everyday and you can't even get out of your car. It's been one week, I miss Karina already."

"Tiffany is scary, you can't blame me." Taeyeon muttered while tapping the steering wheel nervously. She soon stopped, sitting up straight with determined eyes. "You know what? Let's just get this done."

Winter shook her head. 

'That's what I've been saying.'

Winter took an hour staying inside the car while waiting for her Mom—who surprisingly, got the chance to step inside Yu's home after pleading to Tiffany who pushed her away in her first try. 

Karina is not inside the house, she is sure of it. 

Winter has been absent in class for the past week because she's trying to heal, but of course she knows what's going on. 

Karina has been hanging out with Sunghoon lately. 

How did Winter know? Well, she may or may have not told her guy friends to look after her girl. 

Screw the guys who want to try their luck on Karina while she's away. 

But she can't stop Sunghoon, unfortunately. That man is Karina's friend. And even though Winter feels really jealous whenever she hears from the boys that the two are together, she can't do anything. 

She needs to wait. 

Winter sat straight up when she saw her Mom going out of the Yu's house. Her eyebrows furrowed when she saw her Mom's gloomy face.

She watched as Taeyeon went to the driver's seat, frowning in front of her. 

Winter bit her lip. "I'm assuming it didn't go well…"

Taeyeon sighed.

"…It did."

"Huh?"

Taeyeon suddenly smiled. "It did go well."

Winter stared at Taeyeon for a few seconds, before smacking her shoulder.

"Ouch! What was that for?!"

"Why did you have to look depressed when you came back?!"

"I was trying to scare you!" Taeyeon laughed, and her daughter could only smack her shoulder again. 

If Winter likes teasing, Taeyeon likes it more. 

The singer is truly a carbon copy of her mother. 

"Tell me what happened." Winter said after Taeyeon's laugh died down.

"I pleaded, she let me in, I talked to her, she wasn't listening, I pleaded again, tried to knock some sense…then I'm here." Taeyeon shrugged. 

"Mom…"

"What?"

"I'm gonna tell Mommy you smiled at some random girl earli—"