19 | Dancing With The Devil

| Karina Yu

Five days. 

Five days since I last saw you.

Five days since I last heard something from you. 

Five freaking days. You didn't call or text me. You didn't come to school. Heck, you weren't even in your house when I decided to go there. 

Your friends don't know where you are, either. You don't reply to their messages, like how you don't reply to mine. 

You just disappeared so suddenly and I am dead worried. 

What if something happened to you?

You had your motorcycle the last time I saw you. What if you actually lied to me? What if you were actually drunk? 

Five days. That's too long. It wouldn't even take a minute to text and tell me that you're fine. That you're okay. That I don't have to be worried here because you're okay. 

But no.

I still haven't received anything from you.

I was already thinking of the worst things. I can't help it. You shouldn't be taking too long like this.

"Still no message?" 

I put my phone down and sighed.

"None."

But your friends told me not to.

"That kid," Ten shook his head. "Don't worry, Karina. Let's just wait, okay? She's fine. I know she's fine."

"How can you say that?" I muttered. "She has been gone for days, Oppa."

They've been waiting, just like me. They are worried for you, too. You could've just left a short message and tell me that you'll be gone for a while. 

I would've understood that.

It'll be fine for me. 

You could be gone for a while and I would understand. Just…just not like this. 

Not when I don't have any clue where you are.

"I tried going to her brother's penthouse," Lucas said to us. It's so unusual to see him being serious like this. "But she's not there, nor is her brother."

"She told me last time that her brother just moved out of that penthouse, and she'll just help him pack his things." I said to him.

"Then she must be at her brother's new place." Mark spoke.

"I believe so, too." Yeji said. She looked at me. "Winter wouldn't do this for no reason. But I know she's safe…she has to."

"Or maybe," I heard Minju speak beside me. "Maybe she actually has a reason. Like, you know, escaping?"

My head snapped at her. 

"Escaping what?"

"I don't know. Or maybe she's hiding." 

"Minju." Giselle warned. 

"What do you mean about that?" Yeji narrowed her eyes at Minju. I noticed the other guys who suddenly went serious too. 

"You said it yourself. Winter will not do this for any reason." My eyes widened when Minju returned the same gaze. "But what reason could it be? I don't see any reason for her to not message Karina."