16 | Empty Track

Winter: Sorry, I woke up late. Can you still wait for me?

Karina: Sure, take your time. 

Karina sighed as she put her phone inside of her pocket. She glanced at her wristwatch, noticing that they only have thirty minutes before the class starts. 

Winter still hasn't arrived yet. 

Apparently, the singer woke up late. Karina doesn't know why, because Winter didn't text her last night. 

Which is unusual, because they would usually chat with each other before sleeping. 

Karina only received a message from Winter when she sent a 'good morning' and asked her if she's already on her way. Surprisingly, Winter immediately responded to her. 

"Hey sweetie, are you not going to school? You should be on your way at this time." Tiffany asked when she noticed that her daughter was still sitting on the couch. 

"I'm still waiting for Winter." Karina answered her. 

Suddenly, the doorbell rang. 

"Oh?" Karina mumbled. "I think that's her." 

She stood up from her seat and went to the door, opening it. 

"Hi."

It's not Winter. 

"Sunghoon?" 

"That's me." Sunghoon smiled at her. 

Karina was about to speak, when her Mom suddenly appeared behind her. 

"Finally, you're here! Come inside, Sunghoon." 

"Thank you, Mrs. Yu." Sunghoon said and went inside the house. Karina watched as the guy passed by. 

A single thought came into her mind,

'Why is he here?'

Karina approached the two who are currently talking to each other. Her gaze went down when she noticed a big box in Sunghoon's hands. 

"Uh, Mom?" Karina called, interrupting their conversation. "What is…going on?"

"Oh, I'm sorry, Sweetie. I forgot to tell you." Tiffany smiled apologetically. "Sunghoon here personally delivered this limited edition dress for me." She said, pointing at the box that Sunghoon is holding. 

Karina looked at him. "You're a dressmaker now?"

"My mother is a fashion designer. She made this for Mrs. Yu." He chuckled. "You know that, right?"

"Oh, yeah…" Karina mumbled. "Sorry, I forgot."

"No worries." He smiled at her. "It's been a long while, Karina."

"…Indeed."

Normally, it wouldn't really be a surprise if a man comes inside their home. 

The father of the house comes inside this home, as well as Tiffany's business partners, or Karina's group mates in philosophy class. 

But this man in front of her…is different.

Park Sunghoon. 

Karina's first ex. 

The first interest. 

"How are you? It has been what, two years? Since we last met?" 

"Yeah." Karina nodded. "And I'm fine, I'm doing well. You?"

"Doing good as well." He smiled. 

"Karina, how about you go with Sunghoon? He can drive you to school."