20 | Urs

Karina puts her book down, glancing at the clock. 

2:40 PM.

She returned her attention to the book, trying to grasp all the information.

Keyword, trying.

On which, She failed to do so. 

She glanced at the clock again.

2:45 PM.

"Five minutes…?" Karina mumbled, closing her book.

It felt like an hour for her. 

They say, when you're happy, time flies so fast.

And when you're not, everything slows down. 

Clearly, everything feels so slow for her. 

Karina decided not to go to school for two reasons: One, she woke up late. She forgot to set her alarm clock yesterday because she fell asleep…after crying for the whole night.

And two, she just doesn't have the energy to go to school. How can she after what happened last night? 

So, she stayed at home. She cleaned the living room, the kitchen, her own bedroom—she even almost cleaned the backyard if it wasn't for her Mom stopping her. 

"What are you doing? You don't need to clean the backyard, we have our own gardener." 

To be fair, Karina forgot about it.

But that's okay, because that's exactly what she's trying to do.

To forget.

To distract herself. 

Karina placed the book on her table and laid down on her bed. She took the pillow beside her and hugged it close to her chest.

She's just staring at the ceiling, doing nothing at all. 

It might sound boring, but that's not what's going on inside Karina's mind.

It feels like there's an on-going circus inside it.

And her thoughts are all connected to one specific singer.

Winter Kim.

Honestly, when she said she's confident that the confession would turn out well, she didn't mean that she was thinking Winter would like her back. 

Turning out well means finally expressing her feelings for the said singer. 

And although she was a little confident that feelings were mutual, she didn't push away the fact that there's a slight chance of not being mutual. 

And so, Winter rejecting her didn't shock her to the core. 

She was prepared. Karina's plan was to just confess. Whether the singer would accept it or not, it doesn't really matter. Karina will still like her. 

But it doesn't mean that she was not hurt.

And she is still hurting. 

Not because of the fact that it was the first rejection she ever got. 

Also not because of the fact that she was rejected by Winter. 

It's because of the possibility that the rumors…might actually be true. 

Winter Kim, the charming singer, is a red flag

Karina has already known it from the start, so why is she bothered?