Married at Eighteen - PROLOGUE

"WHAT?!" The blonde screamed at the top of her lungs when she heard her parents' news for her.

"W-What do you mean, I'm engaged?!" She asked again, her eyes widened. She couldn't believe what they just told her.

Her parents looked at each other then back at her. "Hon, please calm down. You're disturbing the other customers here at the coffee shop." Her Mother, Layla, told her.

"Mom, how can I calm down--knowing I'm engaged to your bestfriend's son ever since I was born?!" Lucy scoffed, sitting back on the couch, crossing her arms and her legs. She looked away, drinking her ice tea.

"Lucy, listen to us. Please. We did it for your own good." Her Mother told her calmly. Lucy just looked away and ignored the two in disappointment.

Her Dad cleared his throat. "At that time, we thought of getting you to marry our bestfriend's son in order for us to stay close. And who knows? You might just like that son of theirs. He's been properly raised." Her Dad smiled to convince their daughter, worried about their daughter's future.

"Look, Dad, Mom, I know it's for my own good but, have you thought that I would want to marry someone else?" Lucy looked at both of her parents to see their reaction. Both of her parents looked at each other in disappintment.

"I'm sorry, Lucy but we can't go back on our word. We already promised that you will marry their son. You're meeting him on Saturday." Her Dad said without a warning.

"Wha-? Can't you guys get out of that promise?" Lucy asked, eyes widening at the sight of seeing her parents not going to go back on that promise.

"Unfortunately, we can't. I'm sorry, dear. But, we need to do this in order for the company to be as one. No more rivalry. No more enemies." Her Dad told her.

'Oh great. So, in other words, they're marrying me into work.' Lucy thought. She rolled her eyes at both of them. 'They should've just told me that instead of beating around the bushes.'

______________________________________________________________________________________

I'ma bringin' back this story XD

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Fairy Tail. Hiro Mashima-san does. I only own the story :D