Ch. 11 - He's worried about me

"Pft-" Levy bursted out laughing at me as she continued punching the table with her small fists. "I cannot believe you fell for that!"

I folded my arms together and slowly tapped my fingers on my elbow, "Well, well, well, when did you learn how to kid?" I lifted an eyebrow and chuckled, "Besides, I wasn't even thinking it was possible. I think he likes - er - I don't know who he likes but, I assure you it's not me." I stated.

"O-kay. No need to explain, you." Levy snickered. "BUT" she continues. "You liiiiiike him, huh?" she teased, rolling her tongue.

"Whatever. NOT even a bit. I only think of Gray as a friend. Well, sorta. He only goes near me when he doesn't seem to be hanging with his friends or we just bump into each other." I stated in an explanation.

"Ohh. Funny. I really did think he'd be so into you." Levy kept nodding her head, she folded her arms and slouched on her seat. She smiled, "So...did you two sleep together?"

I blushed, "N-No! And I wouldn't even dare do that!" I sighed in disgust. "Look, promise me, Lev, okay? Promise you won't tell anyone about this."

"Of course I promise. I'm your bestfriend. And bestfriends keep promises." Levy and I twisted our pinkies together and smiled.

"Thanks, Lev." I smiled. Levy winked, "No problemo."

_ _ _

I washed my face by using the faucet behind the school gym. I wiped the water off my face using the hand towel hanging by my shoulder.

"Hey, Luce."

I almost shrieked when I saw Natsu hanging upside down by the tree branch but, Natsu covered my mouth and eventually fell on top of me. I slowly opened my eyes then saw him on top of me, staring with his squinty eyes with his arms by my side.

"N-Natsu! Get off of me!" I ordered, trying to push Natsu's arms away from my shoulders.

He leaned in closer, an inch before my lips. I pursed my lips tightly, gulping as sweat rolled down from my forehead.

"Wow, if I didn't know any better, I'd say you're looking cute right now."

I blushed, pushing Natsu off of me. I dusted myself when I stood up, "STOP fooling around, Natsu! Go back inside. We have P.E." I told him.

"But, I was just worried, y'know? Since I didn't see ya." he stated, wrapping his arms together by his head and rested his head there.

"Well, you see me now, right? You don't need to worry 'bout me 'cause I'm not a baby you have to watch over." I told him, tying my hair into a ponytail.

"Hmm...you've really been moody today, Luce. Are you on your period or somethin'?" Natsu asked with his arms folded.

I blushed, tutning back to him to yell at him, "THAT'S NOT IT!" I turned my back on him and started to walk back inside the gym. "Let's just go back to the gym. Before Yajima-san finds out we're not there."

Natsu followed me inside and started to do the activities.

_ _ _

"He was worried about you?" Levy's jaw dropped. She almost squealed, "OMG! OMG! OMG! Could it be that...he likes you already!?"

I rolled my eyes and scoffed, "Don't even say that, Lev. Not funny. Besides," I stretched my legs. "It's a little too early for him to develop feelings."

"Okay. Okay. Stop explaining. I was just kidding around." Levy shook her head in disbelief.

"Whatever." I laughed, rolling my eyes sarcastically at her. I looked in Natsu's direction - he was talking to one of the girls in next class.

"I forgot. Natsu's popular." I exhaled, turning away and continued to play volleyball with Levy.

"Hey."

I looked up and saw Gray watching the two of us play.

"Oh, hey, Gray." I simply greeted.

"I wanted to ask - what's going on between you and Natsu?" he asked, looking in Natsu's direction with his arms folded.

"Nothing personal, really. Why do you ask?" I asked, looking curiously in his direction.

"Nothing, really. Just asking." he told me before running off to Natsu. He's actually being buddy-buddy with Natsu now. That's good.

"HEADS UP, LU!"

I looked up and saw the basketball hit me on my nose. I quickly held on to my nose - where it hurts - automatically and open-closed my eyes.

I looked at my hand and saw it bleeding.

"Oh my gosh! I-I'll take you to the infirmary." Levy said as she helped me stand up.

"No, I'll take her." I didn't bother to look at who spoke. But, Levy gave me to him and I went along with the arrangement.

He helped me get on bed and then, gave me ice for the nose. Later, when I get my visions cleared, I saw Gray.

"Are you alright now?" he asked.

I nodded immediately, making my head feel sore. "I-I do feel a little dizzy..."

He chuckles softly, patting my head. "That's what you get when you get dunked on the head." he even managed to make it into one of his jokes.

He cleared his throat when he saw me lift an eyebrow at him, "Sorry," he spoke. "Anyway, y-you should get some rest. I got a nose bleed from beig dunked on the nose, too, but, the nurse said I just needed some rest so, when I woke up, I'm good as new."

"Wouldn't this be cutting classes? I'm not even sick."

Gray shook his head and furrowed his eyebrows, "No. It's still an excuse to get a nosebleed, though." he winked.

I sighed in relief.

Hearing the infirmary door slide open, Gray and I looked and saw Natsu standing, holding a beaten up guy with a head band on his forehead.

He threw the beaten up guy and folded his arms, "Apologize, you." Natsu ordered.

"S-S-Sumimasen...." (P-Please, forgive me....) he stammered as he was kneeled in front of me.

"N-No, it's really okay. N-Not that you needed to apologize. This is just a minor bleeding so," I rubbed the back of my head then chuckled nervously.

"T-Thanks...." the beaten guy immediately used his speed to go out and avoid Natsu.

Natsu was leaning by the wall with his arms folded. Gray tapped his legs and stands up, "Uh, I got practice so, Natsu, you take my place."

I blushed, looking away. "Gray." I called.

"Yeah?"

"Thank you for bringing me here."

"No prob."

I heard the sliding door slide closed then I looked up to Natsu and glare at him, "Natsu." I called using my strict voice.

I heard him gulp then saw him sweat coldly.

"Tell me the truth - was it really him who hit me?"

"Y-Yeah..." he gulped.

I continued to glare at him, unbelieving in him. "Natsu-"

"Alright, alright." he sighs. "It was my fault but, since he passed it on to me, I managed to slip the ball from my wrist and made it hit you."

I rolled my eyes at him, "You should really copy Gray. He's more honest than you. You should learn your mistakes."

"He's not worth learning from."

I looked away from Natsu in anger.

"hey," he called. "I'm talking to you, Mrs. Dragneel." he teased.

"DON'T CALL ME THAT!"