Ch. 34 - He's jealous?!

____________________________________________________________________________

“Wha-? W-Who the hell posted this?!” my eyes widened as I kept messing my hair up. W-What am I gonna do? I-I-if this spreads out, my plan to remain that our relationship a secret will be... will be ruined!

Just then, Natsu suddenly walks up in front of me and scratched the back of his head, speaking in a hoarse voice I've never heard before. “Oy, listen up, you lot. Nothing is going between me and Lucy. I mean, come on, don't tell me you guys don't comfort your girl-gendered bestfriends?”

The crowd nodded, murmuring in agreement. Natsu sighs, “Seriously, if Luce and I were dating, we'd be making out and stuff, not simply talking alone together by the lockers.” he scoffed.

I blushed at his remark but decided to control myself from bursting with joy from his description. The crowd 'awed' disappointedly and walked away from the two of us.

“The hell? All that for nothin'.”

“Yes! This means Natsu is single still!”

“Stupid. You ain't Natsu's type.”

As the crowd and their murmurings disappeared, Natsu and I managed to fall on the floor and groaned with frustration. “T-That was too close...” I sighed in relief.

“Yeah. Good thing those guys believed in my story.” Natsu spoke, rising up back to his feet then sniffed. “We better go get to class, then, Luce.” he handed out his hand.

I hesitated to reach out to take it. Managing to look away, I shook my head then stood up by myself. “Uhn. I can manage. Come on, then.”

C-Control yourself, Lucy. Remember, you're supposed to let Lisanna have her chance but then again, maybe I'll tell Natsu my real feelings later at midnight so at least he wouldn't hear what I confessed. At least to get rid of the reason why my chest tightens everytime I'm near Natsu.

____________________________________________________________________________

in class . . . . . .

     As the usual everyday routine, the teacher came in and started discussing about Physics of how to find distance, speed and velocity and stuff. Meanwhile, as I was copying notes, the door swung open, causing everyone to look at the door.

“Eucliffe! Just what in heaven's name are you doing?” the teacher gasped as he grasped the chalk tightly, standing straight and tall in front of that blonde dude I bumped into yesterday.

“Shut the hell up.” he stated, looking around the classroom as if nothing was wrong with what he was doing. Then he leaves by slamming the door close with a grunt and gritted teeth.

Half of the class were staring at the door while the other half stared awkwardly at the cowardice of a teacher. He cleared his throat, “N-Now then, w-where was I... a-ag-again?” he stammered nervously.

The class groaned when he still continued discussing. Probably because they wanted class to be dismissed since there is only 20 minutes before his class dismisses.

“Luce,” I heard someone call. Didn't have to turn to know who. “did you know who that was?” he asked in a deep, low voice, careful not to let the science teach hear us.