Ch. 37 - A healthy fieldtrip!

____________________________________________________________________________

     the next day . . .

As soon as we arrived to school, everyone was gathered by the gymnasium as Erza was there on stage, holding the mic with the other teachers by her side.

"What's going on? Why's everybody gathered so early in the morning...?" I asked myself, completely clueless as to what was going on.

Once Levy found me, she immediately looked around to see if Natsu was around then she pointed her finger at me. "What wicked things have you done to Natsu?? I know you hate him and all but don't kill the guy!" Levy kept looking worried sick all the time.

I laughed sarcastically. "Ha-ha-ha. Very funny, Levy." I roll my eyes and was about to speak but she cut me off with a comeback.

"That's why I'm laughing." She chuckles at her own comeback, proudly crossing her arms across her chest.

"Natsu's--well, I don't see him." I shrugged along with my answer. Levy grabbed me by my necktie, pulling me down to my level.

"How could you lose him when you two clearly live together??" Levy shook her head in disbelief then lets go of my neck tie. 

I shrugged, “Don't worry, Lev. Were both grown-ups. There's no need for me to--”

“And so, the principal has decided that this year, our fieldtrip theme is... a healthy fieldtrip!”

Nobody applauded. Nobody said a word. Not one made a single noise when they heard the word 'healthy'. Just when Erza lifted an eyebrow, everyone seemed nervous but cheered, anyway.

“Any further information will be given to you later in our circular. Thank you very much. You may now go to your classrooms quietly.” everyone gulped after hearing Erza grunt.

A healthy fieldtrip? I mean, what kind of fieldtrip is that?

____________________________________________________________________________

“Hello, Le-Levy... L-Lucy...” Erza was still nervous about the idea of calling us by our first names after sitting down with us.

Levy and I looked at each other then back to Erza. We smiled at her greeting. “Morning, Erza!” Levy came in to hug her as tight as she could. She was taken a step back when her eyes widened.

“Wah! She smells like strawberries!” Levy remarked, smelling Erza's hair. Erza chuckles softly, playing with a lock of her hair, “Thank you. Some of the cakes must have been smudged a bit on my hair earlier...” she starts combing it as Levy lets it go.

“Well, how much cake have eaten, anyway?” I chuckled with my arms crossed above my chest.

“I... ate a dozen this morning...”

Silence was wrapped around the air right after she stated her answer. Levy and I were gaping at her. “I-Is it a joke?” I laughed nervously.

She shook her head, flipping her her to let it flowing behind her back. “Yes, I know. Impossible for a girl to have this body who ate dozens of cake earlier.” she sighs. “I need a diet plan.”

That is what you'd call fat?” Levy's eyes widened, shaking her head as if saying her thoughts were impossible.

Erza rubbed both her hands together “I apologize for stating that. I-I'll try to slow down on eating, then.”