Ch. 41 - The rude blondie

____________________________________________________________________________

“Now, everyone! Your advisers shall give you your bus numbers along with your partners. Go and find your seats in order.” Erza let her hair flow through the wind after announcing details.

I yawned, feeling a tear about to fall from my eye, I wiped it off. “Lu...cy!!” hearing Levy call me this early wasn't bad but, I just wasn't in the mood.

“Levy-chan, what is it?” I asked, smacking my lips, then rubbed my eyes before I could fall asleep.

It looked like she was about to say something but she cut herself off, frowning. “Wait a minute,” she tapped her chin, leaning herself over to my face. She suddenly squeezed both my cheeks then nodded. “Lucy, what kept you up last night?”

“H-How'd you know...?” I yawned another time and felt like this was gonna go on the whole day.

“Bestfriends have connections, see. As if they can sense each other.” she opened her eyes widely. “So, what happened?”

My eyes averted from her gaze as I tried to recall what happened last night. It wasn't that memorable, but, I guess you can tell what happened. So, here goes;

Right after that scene, Natsu didn't say anything. He was just sitting on the couch, with him leaning forward with his arms as support by placing it on top of his legs. Meanwhile, I was done cleaning myself up and, wore my usual pajamas. As I was drying my hair, I couldn't help but stare at Natsu's back. It was huge and wide and... manly enough to make me imagine it being bared in front of me. Of course, I had those thoughts shook away before things would make me feel more awkward than it already is. I lied myself on bed, ignoring him completely. Later on, I felt his bed side flatten, making my back stick to his. It made my heart beat faster than it did earlier when the kiss happened. I wanted to see him--I wanted to see his face and look at his reaction when he kissed me. Does it mean anything at all to him? I couldn't figure him out. But, with a sigh, decided to give up and tucked myself into bed.

“Lucy?” his sudden call for me made me sat up.

“H-Hai!” I had my eyes wide opened to stay alert, with my hands gripping tightly to the sheet in front of me.

“Eh? Aren't you tired?” he asked as I heard him pat my side of the bed. I gulped. It felt more awkward than the first night together.

“I-I was thinking! M-Ma-Maybe I can sleep on the couch for a change, yeah?” I laughed nervously, hoping for him to fall for the trick. “I've been so unfair to you for always making you sleep there. I can sleep on the couch so we could be even--”

“The kiss... made you uncomfortable.”

My eyes widened in shock at his response. “N-No--”

“Don't try to deny it.” he sighs. “It's obvious. You're acting weird again.” instead of shouting, like I expect him to, he chuckles. “But then again, the weird Lucy is the Lucy I know so.”

“Oy, want me to make your lips swell?” I cracked my knuckles as a sign for warning.

“Sorry. Sorry for not realizing my theft--for stealing your first kiss.” he spoke. And it made me flutter up inside my stomach.

I felt guilty after his confession. I gripped tightly to my arm and mustered up the courage to say, “I-Its fine... N-Natsu...”

I heard him gasp. “Eh?”