Ch. 42 - changed partners

____________________________________________________________________________

Levy's P.O.V.

I pouted when I realized Gajeel was with Juvia in another bus. I sighed disappointedly. I really wished I get to at least see them. That way, I could even muster up the courage to talk to him.

"Hey, you alright?" my thoughts vanished when Gray spoke, making me look up to him and realized he was so tall, my height rested on his shoulders. It made me freak out inside.

I nodded, resting my chin on my hand. "I just wish Juvia was here."

Gray didn't speak after hearing Juvia's name. Not to be too nosy but, I wanted to know how Gray feels for Juvia. Though, I'm too chickened out to ask him and thought of the consequences after I do.

Maybe the question will really bother him for the rest of the trip.

"Mukyaa!"

Our attention flew towards the door of the bus where we saw Natsu fall to the floor with a huge bag on his back. He grunted, struggling to stand up. "Damn it. What the hell's in this bag...?"

He continued pulling his bag by letting it roll to the floor then, threw it in the seat next to us. He rested, with his legs spread out and sweat falling from his head.

"Natsu? You're in this bus, too?" I asked curiously.

He looks in my way with exhaustion. "Hah...?"

I lent him a bottle of water and he accepted it with a quick grab of the hand, gulping it intensely. He exhales in satisfaction when he finished. "Thanks, man!" then brought back my bottle.

I frowned at him. "I'm a girl. Levy? The bestfriend of your..." I cleared my throat. "Lucy."

He looked upon me, suddenly just realizing it. "Oh! You are Levy!" he stated with full surprise, pointing his whole arm at me.

I chuckled softly at his reaction. "So... why aren't you with Lucy?" I asked.

"Damn the list. She's enlisted with the damned blonde in the other bus." he scoffed, slumping his head down to his seat.

"Holy shit." I muttered under my breath. How could I make Natsu fall for Lucy if Lucy isn't in this bus with us?! Oh, wait-- "Natsu, who's your partner?"

Someone cleared their throat, making the two of us look up. We saw Lisanna smiling while waving her hand as a greeting. "Hey, guys!"

You've got to be kidding me.

____________________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile, in bus 2 - Lucy's POV

I was resting my head on the palm of my hand by the side, bored to do anything or say anything at all. No Levy. No Natsu. I sighed in frustration. What could be possibly worse?

"LOVE RIVAL'S HERE?!"

Oh, wait. What's worse is that Juvia still can't get over the fact Gray used to like me. But, I wanted to tell her he doesn't like me anymore in that way. Though, I knew she wouldn't listen to a word I'll say and continue on calling me her 'love rival'. I slumped my head on the seat and shook my head.

"Lucy!" Erza announced with full surprise. "You're in this bus, too?" behind her followed Mira-san, who waved and smiled upon me. "Oh, Lucy!"

I waved back and simply smiled politely. "Hi, Miss Mira!" both sat in the seat in front of Juvia and Gajeel's seat. O-ho! If only Levy was here!