Ch. 33 - The photo

Ch. 33 - The photo

____________________________________________________________________________

Lucy's P.O.V.

“I love you, Luce.

What kind of dream am I dreaming right now? Natsu was there in front of me, smiling and laughing at the same time. He was pulling me by my arm and kept calling me, “Luce!” then suddenly, we stopped by the waves of the sea. We sat next to each other with our fingers intertwined. He looked down and kissed my forehead.
“I love you, Luce.

This dream. I knew it was too good to be true. That's why I wished it was real.

“Lucy... Lucy...”

He called me again, causing me to look upon him but, all I could see was the sun shining down on him, causing his face to look like a shadow. “N-Natsu...? I can't see your face.”

“Lucy? Lucy! Lucy!!”

____________________________________________________________________________

“Noooooooo!!”

Breathing quite in a rush, I kept panting all over and over again when I woke up, my arm trying to reach the ceiling. I looked insane from where I was sitting so, I lied back down.

“What the hell...?” I whispered so quietly under my breath, I slid to my right and felt something bump my nose. My eyes widened when I realized Natsu's lips were almost on mine so I had to back away. “W-Wha-?” I grumbled, turning my back on him and tried sleeping again. It was only 4:00 in the morning.

3 more hours before school time. That's plenty more of sleep.

Slowly closing my eyes, I was about to go back to dreamland but, something woke me up. “Nyaaaaa.... Kuwaaaahkkk....” it was Natsu's snoring that kept me up all night. And his body that kept wiggling around the bed, trying to find the best position to sleep.

“Why...? Why do these things keep happening to me? I'm so unlucky.”

Sitting up, I decided I wouldn't be able to sleep, anyway, I ruffled my silky blonde hair as I went down the stairs. Natsu must've left the cake. Maybe he didn't see it.

Opening the refridgerator, I noticed a little plate filled with three more worth slices of my cake. Does this mean he ate it all? I took a spoon and took a bite of the cake with my eyes closed. Then, felt myself lighten up. “Oh, it tasted good. This is great!” I tapped my chin and remembered about falling asleep when I had done wrapping the cake up. But, if I fell asleep here, does that mean Natsu carried me all the way to the bedroom? I shook my head and groaned. “He's probably gonna make fun of me, teasing me for having a heavy body and probably convince me to take on a diet.”

*click*

“Luce, you do know it's just 4:30 in the morning, right?” I heard Natsu yawn and scratch his eye as he walked over to the kitchen bar. “Ah.” he exclaimed. “I get it. You woke up and waited for me to wake up so I could sleep on the couch, right?”

I shook my head. “No. Because of a really really really noisy truck.” I stated sarcastically.

He scratched the back of his head and yawns again. “...but, seriously, what are you doing here in the middle of the night?”

I blushed, looking away. “I-I had enough sleep... a-and... I-I had a bad... dream...”

He scooched a little closer and tried to keep his eyes open, showing cooperation. “Go on. What's the dream about? Maybe I can help. After all, telling someone about a bad dream makes it go away.”