A letter to y/n (Bones)

This will be a one time thing, but with different people.

So basically, he's writing a letter to you.

Dear y/n,

I see you talking to your friends in a recreation room, and every time I look at you, you look at me and smile.

Y/n, you're the nicest woman on this ship, and every time I see you my heart rate goes up and I know that I like you, well, more like love you, but I still have a bit of trust issues when my ex-wife left me years ago, and right now, I'm all alone.

But I want to be with you, to hold you, to kiss you, to give you compliments, to call you Darlin'. But I'm too scared to tell you how I feel about you, and I wish I wasn't.

I saw you in medbay today unexpectedly, so I assumed something was wrong, that you hurt yourself somehow, so I started to get worried, but then you told me what symptoms you had and I told you that you were stressed, probably too much work, and then I felt relieved that you were okay.

I had almost told Jim that we should have shore leave when -or if- we got to a nice planet.

But who was I kidding? To tell Jim that we should have a shore leave just because one patient is stressed from work?

If I was crazy I would've told him, but I'm not crazy, so I told you to try and meditate, and you giggled and looked up at me with a twinkle in your eyes, which took my breath away, and it still takes my breath away when I think about it.

I do love you y/n, all of you, all of your lovely qualities.

And Y/n m/n l/n, I often wonder if you love me too.

I'm wondering that right now, do you love me? I'll never know unless I ask you, or you say something.

I asked Jim what I should do, and he gave me that knowing smile and he said "Don't be scared Bones, maybe she likes you too."

And that alone made me want to ask you, but I'm too scared you'll say no.

So I did it anyway, I asked you who you liked, like we were in grade school, and I wanted to know your crush.

You looked straight up at me and you smiled, but you hadn't said anything.

I waited like an idiot for an answer but then I realized that you liked me.

I admitted that I loved you too, and you smiled wide and you kissed me.

When you pulled away, I smiled like an idiot, ear to ear.

You smiled too, and I knew then you were the one, someone I could trust.

Oh y/n, I'm so happy you love me too, and someday my darlin', I'm going to ask you to be my wife.

I love you y/n, so much.

And thank you y/n, for being someone I could trust and connect with so easily.

I love you.