Data (tng) - Psychology (pt 1)

So... you are a teacher on the enterprise, and you teach psychology to 16-year-old students, and Wesley is your student.

You and Data are not dating, it's basically a preference. He comes to you so you can help him understand some things.

Y/n's pov

"Alright." I said to the students who had all assembled by the door.

They all looked at me and I smiled at them, gesturing to their empty seats.

"Sit down please." I said and they all went and sat down politely.

"How are we doing today?" I asked the entire class and I got no response.

Well, except for Wesley nodding and saying, "Good."

"Great," I said to him, "I didn't exactly hear the rest of you but I'm assuming the rest of you is having a good day, I know I am having a great day." I said to everyone with a smile on my face.

"So, I have graded all of your tests and remember that deal we had? If there was an average of over 85% I would let you all have a free day to catch up on other work, remember?" I asked.

Everyone nodded.

"I can't hear you." I said, feeling like a jerk after I said it.

The entire class said, "Yes." But it was so unenthusiastic.

"We will need to talk about how unenthusiastic you all sound, but I added everything up and this class got an average of 89%!"

A student raised her hand in the front, she was considered the "teachers pet" because of how much she tried to "cozy" up to me.

But I didn't exactly... like her.

"Yes, Melissa?" I asked.

"What averages did the other classes get?"

She is also kind of nosy. (Who isn't tho.)

I smiled.

"Well, I'm not going to share that with all of you yet." I paused to say more.

"That implies you will tell us at some point." Wesley butted in.

I let out a short laugh to myself.

"Hilarious, and I am a woman of my word, you all may have your free day to catch up on other work."

I sat down at my desk as everyone pulled out some work they had to do for this class or other classes.

But Wesley always had his work done, so he came up to me and asked, "Can I go to the arboretum?"

I looked at him and he smiled awkwardly.

I chuckled at his awkwardness.

"You don't have anything to do?" I asked, and I knew he'd tell me the truth.

"No, I don't, I solemnly swear." He said, holding a hand over his heart.

"If I let you go, I'll have to let everyone else go." I said lowly.

"No you don't." He smirked.

I let out a short, fake laugh, "Then they'll know that you're the favorite." I said, quietly and... somewhat sarcastically.

"Please?" He asked.

"I will think about it, in the meantime, why don't you read a book?" I suggested.

He gave me a sigh.

"But I'm so bored, reading a book won't fix that." He said, looking a bit disappointed.