Data (tng) - Emotions (pt2)

*A year later*

I was reading my book when Data walked into my room, with a confused look on his face.

"Y/n, I have a question." He said.

"Yes?"

"I had overheard a conversation with two people arguing about cheating... what is cheating y/n?"

I chewed the inside of my lip, putting my book down to give him my whole undivided attention.

"Data to properly answer that question, I need more context, what kind of cheating?"

"I do not know."

"The woman was angry at the man, and was yelling at him about him "cheating" on her, I believe I do not have any more context." He sat down on the chair across from me.

"Well, with what you have given me, I do believe you're talking about that kind of cheating."

He cocked his head, confused.

"Cheating... on a person is... here's an example, there's a couple, they're dating, the man in this example... cheats on the female with another female. Women tend to get jealous, but they also get hurt in this exchange."

"But why cheat if it hurts your partner?"

I shrug, "I don't know why some people cheat on their partner, perhaps they feel happier with the other person than the original one."

"Huh... I did not know that people would cheat on people."

I nod slightly.

"Yeah."

"Has that ever happened to you y/n?" He asked.

I nod.

"Yes, it hurt me so much, and I even felt insecure about myself too, always wondering why he did it, asking myself if I had done everything for him, would he have cheated, but I soon stopped when my friend coaxed me into realizing that I shouldn't be wasting my life asking such things."

"So cheating can cause sadness, anger, and insecurity."

I nodded.

Datas' eyes locked with mine.

"I would not do that to you."

I chewed my lip, smiling.

"I know, Data, you were just curious."

"And besides, it's against your programming." I laughed.

He smiled and got up, sitting down next to me.

He pressed his lips against my cheek.

I smiled as I looked at him, leaning up against him.

"Hmm, you're always so warm, Data."

"Just for you."

I giggle softly.

"Data?" I asked softly.

"Yes?"

"When did you figure out that you fell in love with me?" I asked.

He thought for a moment, "On my birthday last year."

I looked at him "What?"

"When you had gifted me the emotion chip."

I smiled.

"I'm glad you like it." I giggled.

"I love you."

"I love you too."