Chekov (tos) - Self-conscious

In this chapter, the reader feels down about herself, severely self-conscious, and the like, etc, etc, you know the story.

Y/n's pov

I stood in front of the mirror, looking at my stupidly imperfect body, wishing that my stretch marks never existed.

"Ugh, even my stretch marks are ugly." I muttered.

I looked into my tired eyes as I got an idea.

"Dr. McCoy could help."

I put my dress on and put some makeup on.

Just as I was about to walk through my door, Pavel came in.

"Y/n!" He exclaimed, hugging me and kissing me.

I faked a smile for him.

"Someone's happy." I said, wishing he'd let me go already.

I'm assuming he knew what went on because he said "And someone sounds unhappy," He pulled away from the hug and looked into my eyes, "what happened y/n?"

"Nothing, don't worry about it."

"I don't have to listen to you, y'know," He said, his beautiful eyes filling with worry.

"I'm worrying y/n, talk to me." He begged.

"I don't have to listen to you either, I'm not talking."

"Y/n, I know you've been a bit down, but please talk to me, or should I bring you to Dr. McCoy?"

I rolled my eyes "You shouldn't have to bring me anywhere."

"Why do you love me Pav?" I asked.

He sighed.

"Follow me." He softly took my hand and he brought me into the bathroom.

"Look into the mirror, y/n."

I didn't listen to him, all I asked was "Why?"

"Do it." He said, looking into my eyes with puppy eyes.

I looked in the mirror, seeing myself and Pavel standing side by side.

"Do you want to know what I see?"

"What do you see Pav?" I asked.

"I see a wery tired woman, a woman who's tired of feeling so terrible about herself, and she wishes to look and feel better, but to me, she's beautiful, talented, experienced, and well-fed." He kissed my cheek softly.

I rolled my eyes "That's just another word for fat."

"No, it's another word for a full belly."

I smiled softly.

"What do you see?"

I looked at myself and I said "I see nothing."

"Explain zhat, do you see nozhing wrong with you? Or do you see nozhing, as if you didn't deserve to exist?"

"Pav, I don't see the point of-" He cut me off.

"Do me a fawor, say "I see a beautiful woman, who deserves ewery bit of love her boyfriend gives her," five times, And tell me how you feel after zhat."

"Do I have to?"

"Yes."

I sighed as I looked into my eyes and I said, five times "I see a beautiful woman, who deserves every bit of love her boyfriend gives her."

After I said that five times, I felt different, and even it felt wrong to even think badly about myself.

I looked into my bright, tired eyes, and I smiled wide.

"I love you."

He smiled and said, "I love you too."