Spock (aos) - The sibling connection (Preference) (pt1)

This is kind of like a self-insert for the first movie.

All rights go to the original creator. Thank you for existing J.J. Abrams.

You are Spock's sister, and in the movie, Spock is in his late 20s/early 30s so that's a time frame.

I (originally) had a different idea of how this would go but I was too smart and didn't go that route bc I don't want a lot of inconsistency.

Y/n's pov (13 years earlier) (you're like 11 while Spock is 17)

Today felt different than the other days, I don't know why it felt different but it did.

After I came home from school, my mother was talking to my brother about something, I didn't want to interrupt or eavesdrop so I went to my room to read.

After an hour or so I heard a knock on my door and I said, "Come in, please."

I heard the door open and looked to see who it was.

"Hey, Spock."

"Hello y/n." He said, coming in and closing the door behind him.

"I need to ask you a question."

"Need to? That's not the Spock I know, what's wrong?"

"Have you been provoked by other kids that want you to lose control of your emotions?" He asked, sitting down next to me at my desk.

"I have, yes, but I don't care what they say, they don't know me, so why should they be able to judge me?" I said, truly unbothered by what the other kids have said.

"When I was young, they called our father a traitor, and our mother... a whore."

I nod, "I know. They have said something similar to me, but they don't know us or our family, they're not allowed to judge us."

"But they do, and it will get worse, as children grow, they will think of worse insults to hurl at you." He said, despising how horrible the children were to him without showing it.

I nod, "I know."

"It's good that you're unbothered by insults, try to keep that quality about you."

I nod, "Okay."

"Are you going to go to the Vulcan Science Academy Spock? I was thinking of pursuing that path." I asked, closing my book.

"You are young, more paths are open for you than you choose to see. I also have multiple paths in front of me, I had the thought of joining Starfleet."

"Starfleet? But that would be so far from us, would you visit now and then?" I asked, feeling a bit sad.

"Your emotions are..." Spock started to say when I cut him off.

"Logical, my brother is planning on being away from his family as far away as possible."

He shook his head, "I want to join Starfleet because I can do good there, and I would be the first Vulcan to join."

He looked into my eyes, tears welling up in my eyes a bit.

He sighed.

"I will visit as often as I can."

"For me?"

"Yes, and I promise to be there for you if you go through a great loss." He said as he stood up, turning to leave my room.

"Promises are forever, right?" I asked as he reached for the doorknob.

There was a short pause, "Mine are." (that sounds so sad)