Chapter 16: Not the perfect daughter

|Ava's P.O.V |

"Have you noticed Sapphire very distance lately?" I asked Andy as he looked at me with confusion. "She always been hanging with Alec and planning all these tours with the guys and girls."

"What are you saying?" Andy responded.

"I don't know. I think she should be with the family more, like us and her uncle, people by blood i guess." Andy pulled his head down and shrugged.

"She is a teenager, almost an adult. She is trying to create an career that she'll actually enjoy. I mean working at HotTopic is fun and all but working there your whole life isn't great." I stood there in silence. What could I do, she is growing up but she is leaving her real family behind. Huh....kinda sounds like me....

Later that night i was getting ready to make dinner and Sapphire came into the kitchen.

"Hey mom, whatcha doing?" I smiled.

"Im making steak and potatoes, your favorite." There was no hesitation with her response.

"Oh... Well Alec and SWS and I were gonna go out to dinner to celebrate their new ablum." My smile quickly faded and out of nowhere i aggressively threw a pot on the floor. I couldn't stop myself in time.

"Why? Why are you never around? You are always with people who will forget about you later and not enough time with your blood line who you are pushing away. Why can't you be a good daughter and for once be interested in your family? Your REAL family!" She gasped and her eyes watered. I shooked my head as if i was getting myself out from a blackout. Sapphire turned around and ran upstairs. "Wait! SAPPHIRE!" By the time i could get the words out she was already gone.

"Whats going on? Why is the pot on the ground?" I tried to speak. I crashed on the floor in tears.

"I....I... messed up... like i always do..." Andy helped he up and sat me down to talk.

"Well?..." i kept my eyes on the floor.

"I told Sapphire that her 'family' (bands) aren't going to remember her and won't care for her later in life." Andy shot an 'excuse me' face.

"Why would do that?" I looked up at his blue eyes that were not happy with me.

"Because thats what they did to me. I hung out with them all these years and im nothing but Sapphire's mother."

"Im sure that isn't true baby.." He tired to cheer me up.

"Yes it is!" There was an awkward quietness. "And i also asked her why she couldn't be a better daughter..." Andy face went red. You could feel the numbness rising off my body as he stood up to speak.

"HOW COULD YOU SAY SUCH THINGS?! I TOLD YOU TO GIVE HER TIME!" I was in tears. He was right and i was stupid. I felt like i was right at the beginning again. My relationship with my mother. Andy turned and walked outside for a minute. Why can i do anything right?....

|Sapphire's P.O.V |

What a horrible daughter i am... My emotions were everywhere. Sad, angry, upset, pissed off, but i nodded my head in agreement with her. She was right and i was wrong. Why cant i do anything right?...