Chapter 4

Previously...

"fair enough. Never turn down free food haha. What do you want." Y/n thinks for a moment. "Maybe like a chicken sandwich with a water, nothing too fancy plus I forgot my water at home😂." Liz says "sounds good." Then Y/n gets back to work trying to make time pass faster so she can see Liz.

Present time...

Time passed by at a steady pace. All Y/n has done was go over some paperwork and sending out emails to some of the people she's training. It's now 11 o'clock which means it's her lunch. She gets excited because she remembers Liz was bringing her lunch. Not even 5 minutes later she got a message from Liz saying "heyyyy I'm at the front doors come let me in pleaseee:))." Y/n basically runs to the door to open it for her. "Hi....Liz...", Y/n says out of breath. "Hey. Why are you so out of breath?" Liz says with a small laugh as they start to walk to the cafeteria. "I ran here. I didn't want you waiting with my food. It would get cold" Y/n pout's.

Y/n takes off her leather jacket she has been wearing ever since they met to leave her in a plain black tee shirt. Lizzie looks over to her and sees all the tattoos and marks but see's one that says "Emma 8/2/16." Lizzie thought about who Emma could be. Could it be a dog that she had or a family member. Maybe it was a girlfriend or ex girlfriend. "She was my daughter." "sorry what?" "Emma, she was my daughter. She passed away from cancer when she was 3." Y/n said as she looked down. Lizzie stopped in her tracks making Y/n stop and look back at her. Lizzie didn't say anything, she just stood there with a blank expression. Y/n started to slowly walk towards her "hey, you okay?" Y/n asks. Lizzie doesn't say anything she just grabs Y/n and gives the biggest hug she's ever given anyone ever. Y/n is surprised at first but then wraps her arms around Lizzie's neck resting her chin on Liz's head while Lizzie had her arms around Y/n's torso resting her head on her sternum swaying back and forth. They stayed like that for what felt like forever but it was only about 5 minutes.

They finally start to continue on their way to the cafeteria. They find a quiet spot to sit and Lizzie hands Y/n her food "Well here you go... enjoy" she says while scrunching her nose. Y/n looks at her with a huge smile at how adorable she looks. "What?" Lizzie said tilting her head to the side. "Huh oh n-nothing... it's just nothing" Y/n shakes her head. "No. Tell me it's ok, if I can tell you anything then you should be able to tell me anything too!" She said with a stern face. "Alright, alright fine I'll tell you. You have some dip on your lip." Y/n starts to burst out laughing. "WHAT!?!?? WHERE??? AND YOU WEREN'T GOING TO TELL ME?" "Ha riiiiiight there" Y/n takes her napkin and wipes Lizzie's face. Lizzie starts to feel her face start to burn up as well as Y/n.

It's been 15 minutes and they have just been chatting about random things getting to know each other better. The two of them were having a great time. Lauren went to the food part of the cafeteria and looked for a spot to sit when she spots the two eating and chatting. She walks a little closer with out being noticed trying to see what they were talking about and who you were with. When she gets a good look at Lizzie's face she immediately recognizes her from "sorry for your loss" and gasps. She was about to go and confront you guys and bug you about it when she noticed you get up with your jacket and put it on Lizzie because she was shivering. "Omg that was so cute but she's soooo gonna hear about this. The tea is REAL hot right now!" She whispers and squeal's to herself and leaves you to be on what she thinks is a "date".

You guys are about to get up to leave when Lizzie's mood completely changes, "Um I have a question for you" she says cautiously. "Liz, you know you can ask me anything even though we just met. I'm still here for you." Y/n say with a face of concern and scoots closer to Liz rubbing her hand on her back to comfort Lizzie. "I was just wondering if..."

A/N
Heyyyy party people!! Sorry it's been a couple days I've been working my butt off with school and my job but I thought I'd do this quick. If there are any mistakes it's because I rushed it 😭🤚🏼 anyways have a good one!! Much love <333
-A