Chapter 10

A/n
Hey guys so the song you can either play it now or when the time comes it will say play song now in the chapter but that's up to you anyways hope you enjoy the chapter :))

Previously...

"Thank you again for the panini, it was so good," Y/n says, giving Lizzie the spare key for now. "Take that for now so you can lock it up when you leave but feel free to stay as long as you need." Liz gives Y/n a hug goodbye and thanks for letting her stay and watches as Y/n walks away to her motorcycle to head off to work. Lizzie noticed that it was a little messy from the night before and started cleaning and doing dishes when she saw something that she knew she would never let down. She found...

Present time...

She found a small shoe box in one of Y/n's draws in the living room. She didn't want to snoop but she felt the sudden urge to just take a peak. She opened the shoe box and saw another box that said "memories'' with a small smiley face. She took out that box and opened it ever so slowly to see a stack of photos, a hospital bracelet, a couple smaller things, a list of songs, and a book that looked to be a diary. Lizzie brought it over to the couch and Frankie joined beside her. She took out the stack of photos and the top one was of Y/n at the tattoo shop getting what looks to be her first tattoo while holding up the middle finger and sticking her tongue out at the camera which made Lizzie laugh a little. The next photo was one of Y/n's older dirt bikes and she's doing. a wheelie. The next couple of photos were of her bikes throughout the years and the most recent bike with her on it crossing her arms like a goof.

As Lizzie is looking at them she can stop smiling at how happy Y/n is in all of them. As she goes through the rest of the pictures she sees a few that stick out to her. It was Y/n's hand with a smaller hand on top of hers with the hospital band that's in the box. Lizzie looked closer at the band and the name read "Y/l/n, Emma". Lizzie's eyes started to get glossy as she looked at the photo of Y/n kissing her daughter's head in the hospital bed. She looked through the rest of the photos and most of them were of Emma when she was younger. One of them was the first time she stood and one was of her in a swing. The pictures were all very cute but knowing that she had passed made Lizzie start to cry.

After Lizzie recollected herself she looked at the concert bracelets and old ID cards starting to smile again knowing you had a good life aside for the passing.

She took out the book and it was in fact a diary. Since it's not her place she didn't want to read too much of it but she looked at the date of the first one and it was 5/27/02 so Y/n would have been 10 years old. She read the first bit of it and it said "dear diary, (I've always wanted to say that) anyways today was my birthday! I got this diary and I also got a 4 wheeler which is super fun. My dad and I went out and rode them for a long time and it was awesome...".

She went to close it but something fell out of the back of the book. She picked it up and flipped it over and on it said "watermelon seeds". At first she was confused but flipped to the back of the book and her most recent diary was 5/19/21 which was yesterday when Lizzie was talking to Y/n about her garden. Lizzie's cheeks started to go a crimson red as she read her diary from yesterday. "Dear diary, this woman has taken all her belongings and put it in my mind and is now living there rent free. Today I was on a walk when I heard shouting so I went to check it out and there she was. It was like a sign. After her jerk of a boyfriend left I got to comfort her and it was the best thing I ever experienced. We watched movies and ate popcorn and she also told me about her garden. It was a really pretty garden and she knew her shit. She talked about her blueberries saying they were her favourite and gave me a few to try. She also mentioned that she's always wanted to try and grow watermelon so later tonight I'm going to go to an all night shop and get some for her. It's been about 5 hours aka 4 am and she fell asleep on me and I can only smell her wonderful scent. This moment couldn't be better. Anyways I ran to the corner store and grabbed some. I hope she likes them. That's all for today, later diary!"

(A/n: Start playing song here)

Lizzie's smile was from ear to ear just reading how much you actually care for her. She put everything back to how it was before and continued to clean with the biggest smile on her face.

At Y/n's work, she walks in and sits for about 10 mins when Lauren walks in and starts to look for someone or something. Y/n stood up to see her better and Lauren looked directly at her and walked over to her looking like she was drunk or high. Y/n looks at Lauren very confused at her and Lauren is just trying to push through all the people there as fast as she can but the building was long and there were a lot of people so it was a bit harder than anticipated. As she got closer everyone was looking over to the two of them seeing how messy Lauren looked and she stood in front of Y/n looking up right in her eye. They stood there just looking at each other, not saying a word. Y/n was still very confused and was about to say something when all of a sudden She was grabbed by the neck and Lauren pulled her into a kiss. Y/n was about to kiss back but pulled away "what the hell Lauren!"and Lauren started laughing. "You're a pussy. You can kiss me but not her you absolutely idiot." Y/n was now even more confused than before. "Yea I know about you and Elizabeth. You can't hide shit from me. Good day!" Lauren said as she walked back out the door since it was her day off. "Everyone back to work please." Y/n yells to everyone in a normal tone. She turns to sit back down and just sits there wondering how she knew but started to laugh because of what just happened and how out of the blue it was. Y/n got a text and it was one of her coworkers asking if they we're dating which made Y/n Laugh even harder replying with a simple no. She also checked on Lizzie and got a message beck saying "just cleaning up a bit" which made Y/n smile at how comfortable Lizzie is at Y/n's home. The day went off like any other and it was now time for Y/n to head home.

She unlocked her door yelling for Lizzie when she saw a note saying she was getting some food quickly. So Y/n just sat on her couch scrolling through tiktok till Lizzie came back.

A/n
That's all for today. Didn't leave y'all on a clif hanger today felt nice :p. Also thank you for 2k reads!!! Anywho I don't have much to say except much love <3
-A