Chapter 17

Question of the chapter

What is a song you listen to religiously?

My choice would either be "Smoke Slow" by Joshua Bassett or "Coast" by Hailee Steinfeld!

Previously...

I walk over to the beautiful Lizzie Olsen and hug her around the neck from behind which makes her jump out of her reading trans but hugs back once she realizes it's me. I gave her cheek a quick kiss to which she blushed. I sit across from her and I check my phone to see that Lauren called me. I called her back.

"Hey laur, what's up?"

"Oh my god finally. I have a really important question"

"What is it?" I say with questioning but worrying tone of voice

"What kind of chips should I get? Doritos or lays?"

"Are you serious right now?" I facepalm then continue "I don't know, maybe Doritos?"

"Ok thank you byeeeeee" she says and hangs up before u can even say anything else.

Lizzie looks up at me and laughs a little, making me smile at her smile.

Present time...

Y/n's pov

It's now time for the open mic and I am super excited to see how many people perform and what they will perform. I am very nervous to perform the song I wrote for Lizzie and I really hope she likes it. I wrote the song a few days after I met her because there was something about her I just couldn't get out of my head.

Jim started to talk through the mic that was on the stage but I was way too far into my thoughts to even notice until I heard him say my name. "Y/n helped me set this all up so without her none of this would even be possible so let's give her a quick round of applause." Everyone clapped as I stood up to wave and Lizzie gave a cute "woo" which made me laugh. I sit back down and Jim reads the first name off the list. "Atlas is up first!" a man named Atlas goes up and performs and a few more people go then that's when I heard Jim say a familiar name "Is Alex here?". Alex gets up from her seat and starts to sing sweet creature by Harry Styles using the guitar that was on the stage.

Sweet creature

Had another talk about where it's going wrong

But we're still young

We don't know where we're going

But we know where we belong

And oh we started

Two hearts in one home

It's hard when we argue

We're both stubborn

I know, but oh

Sweet creature, sweet creature

Wherever I go, you bring me home

Sweet creature, sweet creature

When I run out of road, you bring me home....

As the song comes to a close the crowd of teens cheering loudly as the rest of the crowd were either in tears or clapping. When I say that kid has potential especially with a few music producers in the crowd. She has some pure talent for someone her age. Lizzie was on the verge of tears so I gave her a hug then she said she's gonna go talk to Alex quickly but she'll be back. So I continued to menaly and physically prepare myself (A/N I also do this before every time I perform because it do be scary)

Lizzie's POV

What the actual fuck?!?!? Alex is such an amazing singer but I think we all know who the song was about since almost the entire song Alex and Bella were basically having a staring contest. Y/n gives me a hug because i'm assuming she saw the tears at the brims of my eyes so I give her a hug back for a good minute the I said to her "i'm gonna go talk to alex quick i'll be back", and with that I walked over to alex who was sitting at a table with Sophia, Noah and Hudson while the other were at a separate table.