Chapter- 27

In the previous chapter:
Viraj and Tara are rescued!!

The next day, the whole Jannat mansion was in a hustle bustle as it was MaNan's engagement that day. Raj, Neyonika, Viraj and Tara were taking care about the security and requirements. Abhi, Sid and Karan were handling the media. Cabir and Arya were looking after the arrangements of food and drinks. The girls were looking after the decorations, outfits and return gifts. Our MaNan were forced to chill and take rest in their respective rooms.

*In the evening*

The guests started arriving. Raj, Viraj, Neyo and Tara were busy welcoming them. Though the guests and media were shocked to see Viraj and Tara, they didn't make a fuss out of it and also promised the family that they'll keep the existence of Viraj and Tara a secret until they themselves reveal. Accordingly, the media too didn't reveal Viraj and Tara anywhere in their telecast.

Time ticked and everyone were waiting for the couple to arrive. The busy chattering hall was silenced by the sound of heels clicking and soft chuckles. The whole crowd turned their head towards the direction of the voice and there came Manik and Nandini together, with interwined hands and a bright smile. As they came in, rose petals were being continuously showered on them until they settled on their specially decorated place.

The traditional way of roka was done first. Neyonika came forward, did aarti for the couple, put a red chunri (a red stole) over Nandu's head and fed a sweet to the couple.

It was time for the ring exchange now. Manik stood up from his place and went knelt down in front of Nandini. She stood up and looked at him confused.

"Jaan,
From the day you came into my life, you became my life, my addiction and my everything. Though our first meet created dislikes and differences, it didn't last for long, for which I'm very thankful. Me without you is like a Monday morning without coffee, a pen without ink, a cake without icing, and a monster without his heart. From the day you entered my life, you turned me into a more better person and also made me feel like a love sick puppy *chuckles*. Every moment I spend and spent with you is very special and reminds me that you are my star, my Jaan, my girl who is exclusively mine and I'm yours. I love you forever and ever Jaan", Manik said and kisses Nandini's palms. She made him stand up and hugged him tightly.

"I love you too Manik... you are mine, only mine and I'm yours, only yours", said Nandini.

The crowd burst into cheers and hootings for the couple. Manik smiled and Nandu slightly blushed.

Manik took the ring and was about to slip it into Nandini's ring finger but, Avni, Mia, Krystal, Navya and Mukthi pulled her back, confusing everyone.

"Not so soon Manik", said Mukthi with a chuckle.

"We have a test for you", declared Avni.

"Test? What test?", Manik asked with a fake irritated voice.

"Cool down bro, too much irritation is not good for health", Mia mocked and everyone except Manik laughed. Manik just glared at her.

"Manik, we'll blindfold you. And you have to find Nandu then. Only then you are allowed to exchange rings", Navya explained.

"And yes, there will be many other girls including us to confuse you, and you'll be getting no help from the audience and the boys", added Krystal.

Then, without waiting for his answer, they blindfolded him and turned him around. As soon as he was blindfolded, ten other girls came up on the stage and stood in a line. Mia, Mukthi, Avni, Navya, Krystal and Nandu also joined the line.

Manik's POV
I was about to put the ring on Jaan's finger but the girls pulled her back and chuckled. Then they explained their mad challenge to everyone and without waiting for my answer, they blindfolded me and turned my around. I sighed in disbelief.