chapter- 37

In the previous chapter:
Sangeet and Mehandi celebrations!!

Today was MaNan's haldi ceremony. Both bride and the groom were getting ready in their respective rooms for the function. First, Manik was called and later Nandini. Both of them sat next to each other with a thin cloth acting as a wall between them, preventing them to see eachother.

The ceremony started and first Neyonika applied haldi on Manik and Ishita applied the same haldi on Nandini. Later, everyone started painting Manik and Nandini in haldi. Finally, when it was the squad's turn, each of them smashed a handful of haldi on MaNan which caused the break out of the very famous haldi war among them. Then the elder married women poured water on Manik and Cabir through seive plats.

 Then the elder married women poured water on Manik and Cabir through seive plats

Something like this 👆

Later, the bride and groom a.k.a MaNan were asked to go back to their respective rooms and take a shower. MaNan nodded.

Nandini's pov

As mom and my bhabhis said, I am going back to my room to take a shower. I was fully drenched in haldi and cold water. The haldi function was really crazy but, I couldn't see Manik today due to these rituals... Huh, anyways I finally reached my room. I unlock the door and get inside and was about to turn back and close the door but, someone pushed me in gently and locked the door behind us. I was about to scream in fright but, the person quickly put his hand on my mouth, preventing me to do so.

"Shh Jaan, it's me." the person whispered in my ear.

"Manik!" it was the first word that came out of my mouth. Yes, it was Manik.

He quickly took his hand back as he knew I wouldn't shout. He was about to turn me towards him. That's when I realised something and quickly covered my eyes with my hands, closing them tightly.

"Jaan, why are you closing your eyes? Open your eyes baby... Is everything alright?" he asked in concern. I just nodded my head negatively, unable to speak anything due to our proximity.

"Jaan, you're scaring me... Is everything fine? OPEN YOUR EYES!" Manik demanded softly, his voice laced with concern, just for me.

"I.. I am fine Mani... It's just that I can't see you.... It's a ritual that the bride and groom should not see eachother before marriage, after the haldi is done." I explained.

There was breif silence for a moment or two until he spoke again.

"Aww, it's okay Jaan, I'll wait for a day more... but, let me also apply some haldi on my soon to be wifey." he grinned and rubbed his cheek on mine, transferring his haldi on me and with his eyes closed. I did the same.

Later, he kissed my forehead, muttering some sweet nothings in my ear and later, went back to his room. Aww, my man, he'll drive me crazy one day. I blushed and closed my room door and had a relaxing shower and then, got into my comfortable clothes and took a small nap before I was called down for lunch by my aunt Ankitha.