Chapter 3: Little Ancestor

The next morning, the daylight projected through the windows. It rained frequently these days, and the rain seemed to have fallen last night. Raindrops were still rolling on the leaves.

Xiao Li woke up before the alarm, rolled over, opened her eyelids sleepily, then turned her eyes to Wen Zhiying beside her. She didn't see him for months, and he seems to have lost a lot of weight. His jaw line was fresh and clear and his head and neck were straight, with a sense of alienation.

He looked pure and unwilling, but only she knew how this person defied the law to toss her last night.

She used to think that he only had work in his eyes, and he was never interested in women.

On his birthday, he was so drunk. She deliberately slipped into his room wearing the black mesh socks she quietly bought and had been hiding for some time, along with a cat ear headband.

She clinged to him and refused to let him go, as if she had made up her mind: "Didn't I say that I'll give you a birthday present? The birthday present is me."

At that time, they had been married for half a year, but they've never truly been husband and wife.

She expected Wen Ying to refuse, but he didn't. Soon after, he pinned her on the bed, "Li Li, don't cry later."

She actually cried that night.

She hasn't thought about it for the first time. She thought things will be uninteresting, and never thought that at that time that Wen Zhiying would become a different person.

Only then did Wen Zhiying seem to realize that she had grown up a long time ago and was no longer a child, and so he no longer maintained his old abstinence-laden routine. Basically, he slept with her everytime he could.

Some of the bad things spread in her heart. Xiao Li reached out and grabbed Wen Zhiying's face.

Wen Zhiying slept soundly and did not get awakened, but his brow furrowed slightly; and he turned around and continued to sleep.

Xiao Li felt bored and left the bed.

Originally, she was gonna get up after a while. She had an early morning class, but her nerves were out of control and she was getting sleepy.

The images in her dream were almost ethereal.

Under a green willow tree, Xiao Li, wearing a blue and white school uniform, pulled Wen Zhiying's sleeve, summoned up her courage, and finally said, "Big Brother, I like you."

After a little hesitation, Wen Zhiying patted her head wide: "Do you know what you like? Don't talk nonsense."

"I'm not saying nonsense! I... I just like you."

Wen Zhiying laughed mercilessly, "But big brother doesn't like you."

Xiao Li was stunned.

She didn't expect that Wen Zhiying would refuse her so bluntly.

"Why?" She asked.

Wen Zhiying said, "Big brother is eleven years older than you and doesn't like children."

He patted her on the head, "Go back and study hard."

"If you like me, you may have to live a lifetime." The corners of Wen Zhiying's lips curved.

The alarm clock in the nightstand was shaking and a loud music played.

Wen Zhiying was awakened by the sound. The man pressed off the bell and pinched Xiao Li's face.

It's more accurate to say that Xiao Li was woken up by Wen Zhiying instead of the alarm. Xiao Li stared at Wen Zhiying, wondering if he was retaliating against her.