A Train To Catch

Lying on my mattress with my head over the pillow, I am currently anticipated the move of team RWBY and Doctor Oobleck. The opportunity for an increase of income cannot be missed.

Ruby is on the watch while the rest are snoozing. They are not actually sleeping at all. The question asked by Oobleck echoed within their minds.

Yang started the conversation with Blake about the question related to their motives of being a huntsman. Weiss soon followed with her intention of restore her family name's honor by proving herself. She realized that her father action affected the family's name and the family business operated within the moral gray areas due to his own doing.

The thing that she did not know was that I am the second largest shareholders in the company as I did have a lot of investment in the company. Her father, Jacques did what he had to do in order to run a company and he is an excellent administrator of the SDC. Weiss has a good intention but she lacks of an experience in operating the Remnant's largest dust producer. She had no idea about the political connection and the knowledge of economy that she will be in need. All she had in her brain was to be a huntresses.

Her youngest brother, Whitley may have a potential to replace her as he is studying to be a heir of SDC from his father. After all, his sister is already on her way to be a huntress, you cannot perform two jobs at the same time. Even if she somehow managed to do so, she will be exhausted and unable to continue for much longer. Her health will be deteriorating. It is better for her to give up the status of a heir to her brother. That way, her brother can growing up to have his future secured.

Blake explained herself wanting to be a huntress because she thinks that huntsmen and huntresses are a noble warrior for their fight and defend the people from the prying eyes of the Grimm. She fought for the equality right alongside her partner, Adam Taurus. She has aware of the fact that her partner's dream is not for everyone as he wanted to kill all human make faunus a dominant race. She left him and applied to Beacon Academy.

She just ditched her partner and left White Fang to be a huntress. I find her quite a hypocrite as she wanted an
equality and yet she hides her identity in plain sight of with her black bow covering her pair of cat ear.

The White Fang itself used to be an activist group before they were aggressive under the leadership of Sienna Khan. The media marking them as a terrorist organization after their constant raiding of dust and became a headache for SDC. I do not appreciate such deeds as I already kill bunch of them out back at the dock. If I have to wiping out entire White Fang to guard my interest, then so be it. Those people are just a glorified gang to me anyway as they do not represent an entirety of all of the faunus.

Yang wanted to be a huntsman just because she likes the adventuring and helping people on the process. Just a simple ambition to explore the world and assist those who in need of a helping hand.

From what I heard from Yang during their conversation, Ruby wanted to be a huntress because she read a book about hero, fantasizing about saving the day and helping people. Such a pure, innocent  and naive one. If only she know the reality of being a huntsman when she was a child, she would not become one. She maybe changed her dreams to be a doctor or a nurse.

In my opinion, huntsmen and huntresses are just a glorified super powered mercenary for hire. They do not have a loyalty for the kingdom. Only Atlas pressure their huntsman in training student to be absorbed into their military. Despite their criticisms from the rest of the kingdoms, Atlas done a great job ensuring their loyalty to the kingdom. The people can create a romanticized version of the story to their children in hopes that those children becomes a huntsman. Ultimately, they were just a glorified mercenary to me.