The Moon

I wake up in the morning and saw the time on the phone and is at 7.00 a.m. in the morning. That is earlier than I thought since the Fall of Beacon, I am pretty much free to do anything I want.

I get up from the bed and open up the window. I saw the some people already waking up and either headed to their workplace, relaxing stroll or just minding their own business. I also saw children with their parents together going to school.

This scene made me filled with the feeling of nostalgia. It is similar back on my home world the despite the lower level of Mistral are full of criminal, madmen and bandits. 

After enjoying such sight, I went to get a shower before wearing a normal T-shirt and a pants. I have heard a footsteps outside of my room. I used my power to see what is behind the door.

Turns out it is the girl from the counter. She appears to brought a plate of sandwich and some fruits. So this is my breakfast for the day. I switched my power off and get the door open.

I opened the door and saw her surprised at me, then shrugged it off as coincidence and smile as she give me the breakfast.

Brunette girl: "Good morning, sir. This is you breakfast."

I smiled as I grabbed the food from her hand.

Za'im: " Thanks."

Brunette: "Tell us if you need anything, sir."

Za'im: "I'll keep that in mind."

She smiled, bowed down and left me and walked back to serve another guests of the room.

I closed the door and put the food on the table. The food consist of tuna sandwich and banana. The taste is same as I already ate back on my world. Still, I finished it.

The food must not be wasted. There are others who struggled to even put a food on the table. Each day I am grateful to be able to have the food on the table. Even here, I saw there are an unfinished food on the rubbish bin. If you buy it, at least finished your food.

I leave the hotel to take a stroll on the streets. I saw the raven haired homeless kid, rummaging the trash for a left over food. I walked near the child and have a conversation to him.

Za'im: "Hello there."

Homeless Kid: "Yes, mister ?"

The homeless kid surprised at my sudden appearance before he talked to me.

Za'im: "Did you get what you're looking for ?"

Homeless Kid: "Ermmm.... No ? I have to get food. I am hungry, Mister."

Za'im: "Where is your family ?"

Homeless kid: "Me and my mom at the corner of the city."

Za'im: "Can you lead me to her ?

Homeless Kid: "My mom always told don't talk to stranger."

Za'im: "Indeed, your mom was right. But I really need to see her." Can you please lead me to her ?"

Homeless Kid: " Okay, but I can't return unless I have some food for me and my mom."

Za'im: "That can be settled. Come with me, child."

I asked the kid to follow me. He hesitate at first before he followed me.

The two of us are heading toward the nearest grocery store. The shopkeeper greeted us. I saw a wide variety of products here, from raw fishes and vegetables to sweets and your usual junk foods.

I looked at boy and his eyes are staring those sweets, with his mouth drooling. Clearly he want that sweets, he still an innocent boy, grew up in the wrong environment.