The Ruined Settlement

I begin my journey to Kuchinasi after I keep my stuff into the Dimensional Storage. Such convenient skill are always in demand especially if the one need to brought up a lot of equipment for an important mission especially for a long time.

A long walk into the jungle, the sound and sight of the nature works are truly magnificent. For the city guy like me, the sight of such jungle can only be viewed in a Television at Earth due to my busy days as a storekeeper. I do not have time for a physical hobby like hiking due to my work there. It is difficult to get a holiday except it is an 'off day'. The manager must gave you one unless he wanted to get in trouble with upper management. At least, they care about their workers.

I did read the contract and find out I have a yearly holiday, for me it is 8 days. Sometimes I forgot about taking those holiday. It is just that the thought of of taking a holiday never crossed as I am busy with overtime pay. At least, my basic wages, plus with overtime paid it is satisfactory for me. If they do not pay it, I can always report to the one of government body that is responsible for labourer. The consequences are always ugly for them. Because of that, they would not dare to cross that line.

The quality of air that trees in the jungle provide are excellent couple with the green colour associated with nature are always good for sightseeing compare to the cities. In Remnant, I do not think they care as long as as they are safe from creature of Grimm. It is understandable takiing into account that those creatures are the predominant species of this world.

The freshness of air quickly turn into the rotten corpses smell and distracting me from my reminiscences. I quickly hasten my walking pace in a curiosity of the situation occurred. I am thinking that if they still have rotten corpses lying around. The settlement in questioned must be recently either under attacked by a Grimm or the bandits.

The scent is getting stronger and now mixed with a burning stench. I can see the smoke coming out of that village means that the attacks are still new.

I look from a distance that fire burning the buildings are still there and the dead are lying around the place. I need to get closer and look around see if there is any survivor in that place.

The Destroyed Settlement

I arrived at the place and suddenly there are group of people with weapons. I quickly hide behind one of the building to watch them. I heard they said something about getting a lot of stuff.

Now I understand that this place is getting attacked by them. They looting all kind of things that are deemed valuable for them. It is pity that these thing are always happening around Remnant mainly from Mistral, a good hideout for the criminals.

The one of the group that are now talking about leaving this place before the Grimm coming. They all agreed and left the scene quickly.

Za'im: "Good, the bandits have left, now I can search for anything useful here before the Grimm comes. I am sure they do not need it anymore."

After I have seen them left, I checked up around the place find something valuable such as diamonds, foods and usable weapons. Sadly, there is only a broken knife, pitchfork and a worn out machetes are around. Those bandits loot almost anything and even weapons are taken by them. They left only a broken weapons here, deeming it as a useless.

Za'im: *Sigh* "They really do not left anything huh."

I am now taking a chair and sitting on it outside of one of the building that are untouched by the flames and wondering questioning myself what to do. I look at my phone and it is already 1.30 p.m. and the weather is cloudy and it appears that a rain is coming soon.

I have think about what to do with these corpses. The dead body's odour is going to be worse on time.

Za'im: "Now what to do with these dead bodies. I cannot just leave them here and let it for rot and carries diseases."

Phone: "You can sell the dead bodies to the shop."

Za'im: "I am sorry, what ?"

Phone: "The dead human bodies hold a valuable body parts, external and  internal organs. The price of one dead body is 550000 Lien. A Huntsman dead body 1000000 Lien. A Faunus dead body is 600000 Lien. A Grimm body cannot be harvested due to evaporation occurs to their bodies after their death."

That is one hell of a suggestion from the phone. Seriously ? Selling a corpse to for a couple of bucks ? Still, the thought of it enticing enough to the point of massacre the whole humanity just for the Lien. I have to remove those thought of killing the whole humanity. It is obvious that if I go that path, I will be branded as number one enemy of all the Remnant.

On the bright side, I can use it to dispose a corpse for a load of cash and take advantage of the conflict. Just go to the location, wait for any fight to end, harvest those corpse once it is ended. Such an easy way to make a fortune for just a single conflict. A fortune means more abilities for me to purchase.

Za'im: "Tell me how do you harvest these bodies ?"

Phone: "Point the device's camera to the corpses. The harvesting operation will be conducted by the phone."

I did as the A.I told and target one of the corpses. Suddenly, the light from the device's camera began to shine and the corpse was dematerialize in a bright blue light. A dead body dissapeared in front of me as if it is never existed in the first place.

Phone: "Harvesting complete, the remains are identified as a normal human. You have earned 550000 Lien."

Just like that, I become richer than the average teenagers in Remnant. This is actually my first time selling a corpse that is supposed to respectfully buried. It was going against my belief back one Earth. But I want to survive and getting stronger without attracting too much attention. No attention is even better for me as I can do anything I want freely without interruption.

I am now continuing my harvesting activities around the settlement. Hovering the phone toward the dead while letting it absorb the dead bodies. My income continue to increase rapidly as I carry on with my current activities.

I smile as I watch the amount of money that keeps adding to the point even millionaires are jealous of it. After all, making money quickly are everyone's dream.

The total amount of dead bodies are 150 and 20 of them are Faunuses. The amount Lien I can get from human bodies is 72150000 Lien and Faunuses are 12000000. The total amount will be 84150000 Lien. Adding to my current amount of Lien right now, I have 84153883 Lien.

Look at that, in few minutes of absorbing corpses to convert it into money and I already a millionaire. I never thought I made this much money. The money that I made before I came here is far beyond anything I could have ever hope for. It appears that I can buy more abilities and necessities.

I love this life.

I took a shelter at the nearest two storey house that has not been burned down by the flames. Interior of the house is surprisingly untouched. I do not need to clean it up other than block the entrance and back door with furnitures. The former owner must have been one of the corpse absorbed by the phone. I am sure the owner does not need it anymore. This place should protect me from the weather and Grimm for now.

Phone: "Multiple number of Grimm detected and converging to your position."

Great.

Status

Lien: 841538883

Ability : Dimensional Storage

Storage : Mattress, Pillow