𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑇𝑤𝑜

Time goes on, walking with Benjamin gives me a sense of comfort I've never felt this way in a long time. I cautiously talk about myself without mentioning that I'm a worldwide famous writer. I want him to know the real me before my label distracts him. We finally reached the pub filled with crowded people; my sense of security came off too fast.

"Lia, you're alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine... I guess I'm a little nauseous with the crowd." I laugh nervously. Benjamin orders me to wait here and enter the pub without looking back.

While waiting for Benjamin, I look at my phone filled with 3 more emails from Anna asking me more updates on my writing, and my messages from my brother, Leo asking me for money for mom's present for a coverup for him forgetting Mom's birthday, and my sister, Della missed her flight and her flight won't make it until tomorrow. I text my oldest brother, Patrick, to ask him if our dad contacts Mom about her birthday. He replies no. Of course, he didn't...

And then Benjamin appears and said, "I talked to a waiter and he said there is a table back here for the two of us in private." He understands me... and he guides me toward the back of the pub.

There is a table for two in the back with no people, thank god for the privacy once in my life outside. Benjamin moves the chair for me to sit. "Oh why, thank you, sir!" as I jokingly curtsy to him.

Benjamin smiles at me when I take a seat and he goes to his chair right beside me and takes off his trench coat, and lays it on the chair. A waiter approaches us to take our drink order. I order water as he orders the glass of red wine.

"So, you don't drink?"

"Not really, I just never been fond of drinking alcohol unless I have a bad day. The way I pursue my bad day whenever I'm in a bad mood. I have this mass market paperback of my least favorite book, The Giver, to read. My family once saw me reading the book and took a step back when I was reading at that moment." I laugh.

"Well, that checks off then... " We laugh together. "What is the worst thing you've ever done?"

"Besides reading The Giver for the first time?" Benjamin smiles. You can't say your worst thing was giving your adoptive father a demanding blowjob when you were 11 on the conversion with a person you met with.

So I reply, "I guess the worst thing I've ever done is not believing who I am. There's always a weight on my shoulders constantly reminding me what I'm not capable of. I try to keep moving forward by taking a view of the scenery around me and walking to the library; rereading my favorite book... And answer your question why I never brought it as my own because I wanted to escape in my life, for one thing, my book.'

I feel Benjamin's hand holding mine as he looks at me full of sympathy. "But the best thing in my life, that I have a job that I am really passionate about and a family to look after." I smile as Benjamin gazes at me with his beautiful non-pupil eyes. "Um, I'm gonna go to get some fresh air; I'll be right back."

Going out for fresh air is what I need, but answering the question to Benjamin brought me back into my life. Why I wasn't needed from when I was born. The one thing that I am searching for is my background, my biological parents, and why I was abandoned. What would happen if I wasn't adopted ten years ago... I wouldn't be here dressed in expensive clothes in the eye of London filled with publicity around me. I wouldn't meet Julia, and Patrick, Della, and Leo. I wouldn't get abused by Edward. I wouldn't be here talking to Benjamin... I don't know why I feel so trusting in him. He seems to understand me completely without me explaining more. Do I lead up with wrong decisions or is it just a coincidence?

I walk back in the back of the pub to our table and see Benjamin reading the first page of his book while I was gone for a while. "Gotten into it, yet?"