𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝐹𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛

The wedding is coming soon for a few months. After all of the planning that my mom volunteered, I decided to not be the bride to be involved in that situation. Ever since Christmas, Mom has been taking over the problems to become solutions like flowers, the altar, the rings, my dress, and food. I truly love my mom, she's sweet but she's a psycho when it comes to a problem for a simple, autumn wedding.

Time fell short and my hair grew longer. My hair is like Crimson's hair, long and wavy, more beneath my shoulders as medium length. My sequel of Confine in Secrecy has come to an end. It is now called Release of Secrecy. I couldn't be more proud of finishing my powerful Mia's story. She finally found her name and became a legend of her story of defending the darkness through her name. She had become the true leader of her kingdom of independence.

Through eight months of weighing wedding planings, I haven't seen or talked to Leo since Christmas. I know he's struggling to accept Benjamin's appearance as my fiance, but I love him and he hasn't hurt me. I wish my brothers would accept him for who he is and that he makes me happy.

Through the partly cloudy day in the morning, I realize that today is Leo's 25 birthday. The family and I are celebrating his birthday in our home. With his favorite place in our home, my backyard with the view of woods. Every time I look at a tree, I remember Leo and I would climb up to see the view and see who won at the top. Now it's all gone, for me and Leo, our relationship as Robin and Little John is gone to shreds.

I begin to open my eyes and see Benjamin's arms are around me. I look at the time and it's quarter to 11. It's almost time to make a cake for Leo. His favorite cake of mine is chocolate raspberries cake with raspberries/chocolate fillings and raspberries toppings. It's Mom's recipe but I intend to make a better of it for some reason.

I turn over to Benjamin to see him sleeping so peacefully and so handsome. I move his hair from his forehead and he moves a little, feeling my touch. Then he opens his eyes and smiles at me lovingly. "Hi..."

"Hi..." I smile at him, "We have a big day for Leo today. I'm gonna make the cake, and get everything settled for the whole family to come."

Benjamin nods to me, "Alright. Do you have a meeting tomorrow you mentioned?"

"Oh, shit! Yeah, I have a meeting with Anna talking about the book publishing in London for the night. I don't wanna leave you here alone though."

"It's ok, Lia. I'll stay here and guard our home. In case anyone is wanting to steal your work." We laugh together, "Make sure you call me when you're there, ok?"

"I will... I'm gonna get dressed, and you better too." Benjamin look down with our bedsheets covering his naked body from our little faire l'amour last night. I giggle and wrap the sheets to cover myself as I go in the restroom to get ready for the day.

Here I am in off-shoulder mustard yellow, boho long-sleeve maxi dress while barefoot, making the toppings and frosting of the cake while the cake is cooling. My family came into our home, with smiles on their faces and moving on to the problems in our lives. Mom made Leo's favorite meal, roast dinner, a meal plated with some roasted meat and potatoes, stuffing, gravy, and some vegetables, and Yorkshire pudding.

Leo seems happy from afar to me, but I know he's still struggling inside of looking for an alternative life. Without his father. That bastard gave him a card, nothing else to spread the joy for his birthday. I haven't talked or seen him since he compelled me. I gave Leo his new orange cycle and his smile grins softly and is still struggling to talk to me. All I want from Leo is to talk and laugh together like old times, and understand that life itself can change.

I feel the arms around me as I'm making the frosting, and I already knew who it is. Benjamin kisses my cheek, "Benjamin, I need to finish this. It's almost-"