𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑆𝑖𝑥

Alarm rang. The sun is up. No Benjamin sleeping aside by me. He deserves to know where I come from, the confusion and the anger. I wasn't let that ruin my day so far. Last night, I got an email from Anna wanting me to meet the publisher at lunch today. I look myself in the mirror, seeing that I haven't washed my face due to the smudged makeup last night. I take a shower and see any messages or calls from Benjamin. Zero. 

I put my phone down, and get ready for my meeting even though it's 3 hours early. I look for my closet to see anything for me to wear; I decide on a beige, plaid blazer dress with white sneakers, and put my messy hair into a bun with a few strings down. As I put my everyday makeup on, my phone rings. I have gotten so scared to see who it is, I turn my phone up and see the name: Anna. Anna is calling me.

"Hi, Dahlia! Hope I haven't woke you."

"Anna, you know me that I'm a morning bird. I haven't got my coffee yet. What's up?"

"Oh, well, the publisher wants to know if you were available to come to his office? To discuss things over with your book."

"Yeah, Anna, it would be a blast."

"Awesome! I'll see you then!" She hangs up, and I see my mom's message that she will be fixing brunch at Patrick's house tomorrow. What's up with every one of lunch?

After my meeting with the publisher, things are going well because we agree on the same thing. It will be released on my birthday: December 14th. I am looking on my phone to see if Benjamin called while I was in the meeting. No calls. The one thing I would be able to get through my day is baking the cake for tomorrow. I decide to make a German Chocolate Cake. I put on my pajama suit, and my hair is still up. 

While the cake is in the oven, I text Della if she is coming to brunch tomorrow and let her know that I am making her favorite cake. She replies that she is coming and couldn't wait to have a slice. I make my homemade coconut/pecan filling and chocolate frosting to decorate. After my baking, I couldn't stop thinking of Benjamin and me making the steak and kidney pie on our first date. After decorating my cake, I go to bed and sleep early. Without Benjamin.

The next day, I get dressed in a black blazer and pants with a white shirt and white sneakers. I decided to wear my naturally, wavy hair down for today. I knock on my brother's door, and Della opens.

I smile, "Hey, Del!" and I hug with one arm due to the other carrying the cake.

Della let go of the hug, "Hi, Dahlia, and hello to Mr. German Chocolate." I laugh. Della takes the cake and walks inside. I take off my sneakers by the door and walk into the kitchen where my mom is cooking her chicken. I give her a hug and ask if she needs any help. She shakes her head. After getting my water out of the fridge, I see Della playing dinosaurs with Lottie.

"Hi, Lottie!" Lottie jumps onto me and hugs me; I growl like a dinosaur and tease her like I'm eating her. "How are you doing?"

"Fine! Aunt Della gave me Bonbons!" She races to her father, and I give Della a look knowing that she's going to tell her dad. Patrick hates his kids having sweets, personally, I really don't like sweets too, besides the baking goods. I get up and sit on the counter by the two wine bottles.

Della points out to Mom, "She's going to tell him."

"Leo tells me that Emily is back."

I turn to my sister, shock and surprise, "Della, you didn't tell me!"

Della was taken back and a little annoyed, "That's because I don't want to tell, sis..." I understand. Emily broke up with Della for some reason but I ship them both and I think she's good to Della. Considering that she doesn't know much about feelings... Mom asks Della if Emily is part of a secret to share, "No, no, it's fine. It's not even worth talking about, honestly."