𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑁𝑖𝑛𝑒

Red. Orange. Purple. Gold. Leaves blow across the surface. In a place, where people are communicating and getting along with one another. Little me, in simple clothing as eight years old, reading Louisa May Alcott's Little Women for the first time. A lonely me never has friends except for her books for school and sanctuary. Sitting on a bench in Hyde Park after meeting with people who didn't want me as their daughter anymore. I haven't had the time of worrying whether to be adopted or not, all of my friends before me are adopted and what is left for me in school and books, at least I have Fred.

As I am reading my favorite character, Jo, there is a woman sitting at the end of the bench beside me. Redhead woman, with eyes that seem to have warmth in her. In her soft voice, she talks to me. "Hello."

"Hi."

"What are you reading, sweetheart?"

"Little Women. I noticed none of my people hadn't taken the book off the shelf so I changed that."

"How old are you?"

"Eight. How old are you?"

The beautiful woman laughs angelically, "Too old. I have been fond of reading many books... It's ok to not have friends; all it matters is that you should be Jo. Determined, and outspoken."

"How do you know I don't have friends? We just met."

"Because I was you. I didn't have any friends. Do you know what I do? I pick up the book and read it every day... Do you know where it has gotten me? Diploma. I learn how to be self-educated and you should too. I believe that you will live the best future like Jo. What do you always want to do when you grow up?"

"A writer..."

"Then become one. Have faith in yourself, and work hard. You have a voice to write with. Don't let anyone take you for granted." I nod to my guardian angel, who gives me the inspiration to be myself.

I hear Fred calling my name behind me, I look at the woman, "Thank you for keeping me in a company. I won't forget your words." I start to walk away but I stop and turn to the woman, one last question. "What book inspires your love of reading?"

Beautiful, redhead woman smiles and answers, "Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen." I nod to the woman and make a list of books to read when I get back to my reality. I walk to Fred and couldn't wait to finish my book and was willing to read my guardian angel's recommendation.

I woke up. I begin to realize I'm in my office, writing the chapter of my sequel before I doze off last night. I look at the time, it's 10:45 in the morning. I stretch my back, lifting Benjamin's stuff upstairs can be a drainer. Since the last few weeks ago, Benjamin and I have gotten closer to fixing his office upstairs, and what's left is his iMac I brought for him to study. I went upstairs to see Benjamin sleeping on his bed in his office in the same clothes last night as I was. Guess we have been working hard together on separate terms.

I take my lavender bath and I begin to think, why am I having dreams of that redhead woman again? What does she mean to me? For starters, she's an inspiration for my character, Mia. A redhead warrior with mighty warmth in her. I guess it all started ever since I begin writing my sequel. What's left of my sequel is Mia escaping from the dark master of the kingdom towards the light. I need to figure out how Mia can find her light... but I learn as a writer you need experience.

I put on my black maxi dress as I put my hair up in a ponytail. I make coffee for Benjamin, entering his office. As I put his cup on the dresser beside him, I kiss him to wake up. Benjamin groans and opens his eyes, "Good morning." I smile.