𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝐹𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛

Waiting for Nathan, in this chilly weather. I cannot wait to see him and tell him the news. I wish that I did, but telling my grandfather that I'm getting married to Benjamin over an email or a call is not right for me. I would like to see his reaction and being in the present. As the train arrives, the passengers intersect with their friends and their loved ones. I see Nathan with his suitcase and walking to the entrance I'm standing on. I wave to him and he finally sees me and he smiles. I walk to him and give him the biggest hug. "Oh, sweetheart. It's so joyful to see you..."

He pulls away and caresses my cheeks, and he smiles more to see my eyes. As I am to him, "I'm so happy you're here..." He grabs his suitcase and we were on the way to my car to drive home with Benjamin.

As I am driving home, he talks about his classes with his students, how he has gotten his promotion, and him reading my stories. After he's done with his stories, he asks me the question I'm a little nervous to answer. "What is your family like? I only met your mom, Julia, but I also know that you have your siblings."

I nod while smiling, "Yes I do. I have three siblings. There are two brothers and one sister, and pretty much my family's life is complicated due to the circumstances."

"Why's that, Dahlia?"

"Well, they have a hard time accepting me into the family for a short while. It has gotten worse when I start dating Benjamin, thinking that he's not right for me. But Benjamin and I don't care about their opinion and that is none of their business to be involved in our relationship, I thought it was the fact it was our age gap, but just not that. It's more. It's really a long story filled with drama, but most of all he makes me happy and he loves who I am."

"That's really I want to hear from you about your relationship with Benjamin. He seems like a decent gentleman."

"Well, there are more that you missed about me with Benjamin. We're getting married."

I pull up in the driveway and see his reaction. His reaction was different from what I expected due to my family's reaction. His eyes fill with tears and he's smiling at me. "Oh my god... I wish my Crimson is here to see this. Oh, sweetheart, I'm so happy for you." He hugs me so tight that he's blessed to have me.

"Me too. I wish Mom was here... Nathan, what would she say, you think?"

He pulls away from the hug, and he precisely explains to me, "Crimson would react the same thing I'm reacting now. She would say that all she wants in her life is for you to be happy in the life that you have chosen for yourself, and she'll be there for you. Like she's there in your heart as you're wearing her necklace."

I smile at Nathan at his beautiful words from my mother as he predicted, but I knew he would say that from reading her diary and her story told from him. Nathan and I enter my home, and we begin to meet my family laughing in the living room. Benjamin enters the hallway wearing a burgundy Christmas sweater with snowflakes and deers. He's so handsome. "Mr. Woods, it's been a pleasure to see you again. Let me take this from you."

"For God's sake, call me Nathan. There is no need for formalities when you're becoming a member of the family by marrying my granddaughter.

Benjamin smiles and nods to remember for himself. He kisses my cheek, and I guide Nathan to meet my family. I hope to God that there will be no drama today. "Guys! I would like to meet the grandfather of my blood, Nathan Woods."

My family is in shock in a good way as my mom approaches Nathan, "It's so nice to see you again, Nathan. I'm glad that you solved my daughter's past behind her."

"Well, I searched for her for all of my life, and I'm blessed to have her to invite me into your family. Dare I say, Miss Day, you're a remarkable woman."