𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑇𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦

Benjamin's POV

It's over... It's over... It's over... Two words echo through my mind, what did I do wrong? I keep calling Lia, but it keeps going through voicemail. I need to find her. I begin to walk upstairs to our bedroom. I see the floor is messy, she unpacks the suitcase of her clothes on the floor. I can't breathe... Where's the love of my life?

I run downstairs to her office and go to her desk drawer. To find anything unusual, all I see is her laptop, her notes, and her papers. I see her passport, she hadn't taken anything to leave... As I start going through the mail. I see an envelope, inside, there is a title of Prenuptial Agreements. She couldn't have, she couldn't.

I open the document, here states Prenuptial Agreement of Benjamin Greene and Dahlia Day. My Lia wouldn't get this... it was one of her brothers. It's not the only thing that shocks me, she signed the document, but my name. She was reconsidering this? Us? She didn't trust me enough?

My questions go further in my mind, as I dial her number on her dial phone on her desk. As I predicted, it goes to voicemail. "Hey, It's Dahlia... Leave me the message, and I'll get back to you."

"LIA!! LIA!! Please call me back. I found the agreements... in your drawer. I know you didn't consider this in the first place. I don't know what happened. I don't know what's been said to you. I can only imagine that it's one of your brothers. But whatever it is we can sort it out... Communication's the key, right??" My eyes are watering of not hearing her voice, "Please, please, Dahlia... call me back and tell me where you are and I-"

I pause by looking at what's in front of me outside of her window. I see her car in the driveway, and I hang up on the receiver. I grab the document and put it in my suit pocket. I got the keys on her desk and runs to the car. If there is only one place that Lia would go, it's her mom.

I arrive at Julia's house in a panic and hurried as I knock on her door rapidly. I knock on the door again, until it reveals her grandfather, Nathan. I ask him in a panic and worry, "Lia's here, is she?"

Nathan's face is full of confusion and shock that I'm here in a panic, "What?"

"Look, I need to speak Dahlia. I need to speak to her..." I enter myself, and start yelling to get her attention, "LIA!! DAHLIA!! IT'S ME!!"

Nathan comes to me, "What in the devil's name is going on here?!?"

I look around for her and ignore Nathan, "LIA!!" I look at Nathan in a panic, "Look, Nathan. I need to speak to her. Please, I need to speak to her."

Nathan pulls his hands up to calm me down, "Benjamin, she's not here..." I begin to realize I caused the scene as the helpers in the house, decorating Julia's house for the reception. I look down on my feet in embarrassment, "Alright... alright move along. Mind your business."

The helpers mind their businesses and Nathan turns to me. I ask Nathan again quietly in the panic, "What about Ted?"

"What about Ted?"

"Is he here? Mr. Woods, tell me if he's here or not, please?"

"No, he's not here... I'm not sure I appreciate you making the scene at Julia's house. Are you going to tell me what the hell is going on or do I have to guess?"

I shake my head with worries, my eyes are close to tears. I'm lost without her... her voice, her being, her soul. "I really don't know..."

Nathan sighs and crosses his arms and looks straight into my eyes, "Son, my granddaughter is not the type to get cold feet."