𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑇𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑂𝑛𝑒

Benjamin and I parked on a passage by the woods, closer to home. All the information I gathered left me speechless. As Benjamin look out the window as I'm cleaning my injury on the lip, I couldn't help, but ask Benjamin. "Why take the blame? If you knew it was gonna be your whole life?"

Benjamin shrugs as he looks at the window, "He was 21, I was 15... The young offender doesn't sound so bad..." Benjamin look at me, "Lia, have you ever had a moment where it's just... a moment so far beyond what you imagined that you're just, you're outside of yourself. Just doing?'

I think about his question, pretty much every moment of my life. My past, my present, my future. I kept going and going until I'm all in on the surface. I nod to him and he continues answering my question, "I thought that... I really thought that I was saving him. That's what kept me going in that place. I thought he was out there... making a life for himself. Then I got out, and found him... He'd ended up like my mum. It had all been for nothing...'

Benjamin looks straight into my eyes, "I had to leave. I couldn't be Sean White anymore, Sean White... the boy who killed the shopkeeper. I changed my name, did everything I could to escape from my life... my past... my hauntings. Until you, you're my whole life, my destiny... We're our own destiny."

My eyes are close to tears... I don't know what to choose, but all I know is that I need to go home. "Benjamin, I wanna go home..." In the corner of my eye, Benjamin nods and drives home.

It's at least an hour away from the ceremony, and everything is in place. Benjamin drives on to my home, where my family comes outside urgently. I get off of the car as my family comes crawling over me. Worrying where I was from 6 hours ago... Patrick, Della, and Leo come to comfort me, cautiously telling me that they were worried and all I want to be myself. Time to think.

Eimear read my mind, "How about we give your sister some oxygen."

Patrick turns to his wife, "She's missing on her wedding day. I think we're entitled to feel concerned. What's going on, sis?"

"I love you guys, but I need to be with myself for now..."

"Lia... I'll see you at the altar?" I look at Benjamin, close to tears in my eyes.

I run to my house and go upstairs. My feet go running and to my bedroom as I'm quietly sobbing. My brother, Patrick, goes knocking on my door and I hear my family defending to leave me alone. I look around my room, and my clothes are lying on the floor due to our honeymoon trip in anger and destruction. I sniff my tears and pick up the mess.

As I'm done, I see my mom's book lying flat on the floor by my bed as I was going to bring it so Benjamin can read it to me at night. As I approached Mom's book, there was something strange... There is a white coverage paper between the pages. As I pick up the book, there is an envelope. The hidden envelope. I sit on the floor, and pick up an envelope, and open it...

There is a letter... A letter to Lizzie. To me...

My dearest Lizzie,

You have no idea how much it pains me that you're not here. More painful than dying my last breath. I'm writing to you on my hospital bed, telling you that you are so beautiful. You are reading Little Women. You are a little young woman, sitting alone on a bench. Throughout all of my life, I never knew the true beauty until I saw you. Held you in my arms. A breath of life lies upon me. All of my haunting moments keep me running to the surface. I pray for a sign to let you move on with your life as you were promised. Created.

As I saw an orphanage, I knew that moment was a turning point. I hope you forgive me. I had to let you go... because I love you. I knew that moment I let you go... you will be loved, cherished, and protected. When I found out, I'm going to die from my lungs. I wanted to see you one last time. Your sweet voice was music to my ears. You have intelligence like mine. You have the freedom you have given in your heart and soul. I made a lot of mistakes in my life... my number one mistake of leaving you. Twice. I did everything I could to protect you, to let you live as you live in mine.