𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑇ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒

The quiet, viewable place in England is Devon. I remember when I was 11 and my mom drove to her house, I knew I would belong here.  Meeting my family for the first time is a sense of joy I have. I remember young Della said to me that she was glad to have a sister in the family of two brothers.  Even though the quiet place turns into a nightmare whenever Edward is around. The reason I want to live in a house I live in Devon is for my family; hoping that they will be ok in their lives. When my mom got her divorce, she told me the stories about Edward abusing her in their marriage for so long. I really wish at that moment I would tell her the truth, but she was heartbroken from Marsha who's been having an affair with Edward for a year.

I stop at my beautiful house beside the Brownstone Chic for business meetings or living a time for myself in London. My home is a Victorian-style brick with 5 bedrooms and 3 restrooms including my office/library by the woods with no neighborhood for my privacy and protection. I went to my library to find a book to spare with Hazel and found a good one for her, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. Edward was planning to put her in the nursery home, but I argue for hiring a good nurse to help her. Her nurse is Belle, a college graduate with good experience ahead of her and hoping that she will get her future as a nurse in the hospital.

Hazel is a good woman. She taught me how to write stories of my own when I was little. She gave me motivation for her words to become a writer when I showed her my short stories in my diary. I still have it to this day. Now seeing Hazel blossoming at her home, and seeing her reaction when I give her a book gives me joy.

After my lunch with Hazel, she realized there was something different about me. "Dahlia, where have you gone?"

"What are you talking about, Hazel? I'm right here."

"There's something that changed you, sweetheart, I haven't seen you bloomed in ages ever since we wrote our stories together." Should I tell my grandma about Benjamin? Would she tell Edward? I just want to focus on my family more than myself at this moment. "Well, I shouldn't pry..." She grabs my hand. "You can tell me whenever you feel comfortable..." This is why I love her, she understands and listens to me besides the fact she's made the best Victoria sponge. "Have you written lately? I just finished reading your diary of short stories."

"Over a few days ago, I wrote poems and I had a meeting with Anna today and she loves them. So she will discuss it with the company and hope they will publish it."

"'Thus says the Lord, the God of Israel, Write all the words which I have spoken to you in a book.' - Jeremiah 30:2 I keep praying every day that you will write more stories and reveal them to the world, fictional or not. You have a voice to shout."

"That should be my headline, Hazel." I laugh.

I hear the door open and slam, and look at my hands. Knowing who it is... Hazel read my expression and ask the person, "There's something wrong with the bell?"

"Hello, mother. Nice to see you, too," said Edward

"I have a visitor." I keep looking down.

"Dahlia..." I couldn't stay, the way he says my name. It still haunts me to hear his voice and see him in person. I sent my goodbyes to Hazel and let her to give me her feedback on the book I gave her and left abruptly without a word to Edward. But it didn't go as planned when he started to follow me to my car. "Dahlia! Dahlia!" He's faster than me, he stands in front of my car to keep me from driving away from him.

"Move, Edward...", still looking down on my feet

"Please for the love of God, look at me when I'm talking to you!!!," Edward grabs my arms harshly and makes me look at him with his scary, blue eyes.