𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝐸𝑙𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛

Silence awakens. Leaves scattering. Wind blows. Chills flow through me. Four little words... a proposal. Here I am with Benjamin, waiting for my response, holding my right hand as I take a minute to myself and think. Should I? Benjamin's been there with me all this time, worships my space, gives me a love that I thought I never had from all of those years. Above all of that, it gives me quite a shock... Benjamin's eyes are on me, glossy and afraid. "Oh, God! This is, this is not a no, is it?"

"No... it's not. It just gives me quite a shock."

"So, that's a yes?" My heart says yes, but my head tells me this is too fast for my liking. We have been in a relationship for almost a few months. I love Benjamin so much that I am not able to say anything. Benjamin read my expression. "Maybe I'm doing it wrong..."

My eyes widen, "No, you're doing fine. It's just sudden? I don't know-"

Benjamin relapsed himself, "Look, I know you read romance novels all of your life. I'm not like any man you want to fantasize about, but I'm just me. Here. With the most beautiful woman who captures my heart. You make me smile. You make me laugh. You make me be the luckiest man on earth with you. Your love, our love is like a turning page. A new chapter, new sentence, and a new beginning."

Benjamin's eyes are filled with tears as mine are. He held my right hand again, and get down on his knee. His left-hand reaches something in his pocket. It's a ring... a beautiful one and a half carat solitaire diamond ring, simple and beautiful. Silver, white gold diamond blinds from the rays of the sun. "I bought this after we met with all the money I had because I knew at that moment you belong to me. I belong to you... I carry this in my pocket every day for the longing time we have together. I love you, and I want to know that's you and me. Forever. So Dahlia... Lia Day, will you read the turning page of our story?"

My eyes are filled with tears from Benjamin's words. Benjamin's the one for me. He reads me, understands me, and most importantly he loves me. I never earned love from anyone for years until he. Waiting for my response. From now on, I will read our turning page. "Yes. I'll marry you."

Benjamin gives a sigh of relief and his tears are upon his cheeks. He stands up and we kiss passionately as the birds' chirp, the sun rays upon us underneath the tree branches of life. He pulls away from our kiss, and he slides the ring on my left ring finger. I giggle at how beautiful the ring is, and how I am blessed to have him in my life.

Every flaw in our relationship doesn't matter, what matters is us living in our story. Benjamin gazes at me lovingly as his hands caress my face. "Your hands are cold." We laugh together as I smile at him lovingly and I pull him down and we kiss. And then we walk together, holding hands on the way home. Turning the page of our story.

On the way home in a small town like Devon, people were suspecting me of dating someone. Sometimes I hate living in a small town like this, but it's the only place I can be with my family. The ring on my finger feels weird and unordinary like this is not happening now, but it is. Here I am walking with Benjamin, taking a shortcut to our home, holding his right hand upon my left. I take a look around the town deck with Christmas decorations; I love Christmas bringing peace and harmony together. Take it from the orphan who would never spend holiday traditions like anyone until I met my family.

As I paid a cashier for a rich, hot chocolate for Benjamin and me (due to the chilly weather), I see Benjamin looking at something at the window. I approach him, looking at the watch. A beautiful, black leather strap vintage watch would look good on him, but I see the price is a little expensive. I look at Benjamin daydreaming about the watch as I give him his drink. "Here", I smile.

Benjamin turns around to me, "Thank you, darling." We both took our sips, I see Edward and Marsha jogging together, laughing. I don't know why Marsha is still with him after our conversation, I hope she took it seriously. I pray to God she did. Don't want history to repeat itself. Again.