iv. Wine

와인

와인

JUNGKOOK OPENED THE door of his penthouse after a trip to the grocery store, the bags hanging from his arms. He let out a sigh as he examined the entrance of his house, seeing his slippers on the floor, perfectly aligned as he left them.

Though, his eyebrows furrowed as a row of shoes caught his eye, three pairs of shoes that did not belong to him. He also noticed his house lights were on, illuminating the dark hallway after the sun had set.

When recognizing the heeled Chelsea boots, a groan immediately fell from Jungkook's lips as he quickly put on his slippers and made his way toward the kitchen.

"Jungkookie! Welcome home," greeted Hoseok, a glass of wine in his hand as he sat at his dining table, alongside Yoongi and Jimin.

"How many times do I have to tell you guys that my house isn't a communal center where you can drink all of my expensive wine?" Jungkook whined as he placed his grocery bags on the counters of his wide kitchen.

"Come on, your place is huge," Jimin said, taking a long sip from his wine glass as Jungkook began to put his groceries away. "It must get lonely from time to time. We're just here to utilize the extra dining chairs you have for whatever reason. And to raid your stash of Milano cookies."

"Can you at least let me know before you crash at my house?" Jungkook let out a sigh as he put away the rest of his groceries. He made his way toward the dining table, taking Jimin's empty glass and pouring himself some of his wine.

"Of course, Jungkookie," Hoseok giggled, pouring himself another glass of wine as well. "Jimin was telling us about his Tinder adventures."

"Oh, how's it going, hyung?" Jungkook inquired the older boy as he took a sip of his wine, making a face at the bitterness. "Found your soulmate yet?"

"I don't think you guys realize that it's hard to find your soulmate on a dating app. There's millions of people in the city who use that," Yoongi stated, crossing his arms as he sat back on the dining chair.

"Look who's talking, hyung. You met your soulmate at a Taylor Swift concert, what the hell are the odds of that?" Hoseok chuckled. Yoongi just rolled his eyes, ignoring his remark.

"Thanks for your useless input, but I know what I'm doing," Jimin hummed. "I'm going to find my soulmate no matter what."

"I can't wait to find mine," Jungkook sighed as he leaned his head in his hand. "What if I can't?"

"You know I always tell you not to worry about that stuff," Hoseok calmly stated. "It's not so bad being a Roamer."

"You'll find your soulmate soon, Jungkook," Yoongi said in attempt to comfort him, which worked a bit as he felt himself relax against the dining table.

"Still waiting for mine," Jimin scoffed, grabbing onto the wine glass Jungkook had taken from him to take a sip. "Don't want my Roamer year count to go to 2."

"Finding your soulmate isn't your goal in life or anything," Hoseok reassured the two.

"It's mine," Jungkook let out a sigh. "I want to grow old with someone I love. No offense, Hoseok-hyung," he made sure to add.

"None taken," Hoseok shook his head, stretching his arms out as a yawn fell out of his mouth. "I'm happy to live for as long as I can. It means I can gather more knowledge about what life has to offer."

Jungkook always admired how optimistic Hoseok could be. It showed through Hoseok's many famous books he'd written about soulmates, and about being a Roamer. He wasn't afraid to be public about it, and actually classified himself as a proud Roamer. Many people admired him for his courage, while many others despised him, but Hoseok knew that people would have their opinions and he wouldn't let them affect him.

Jimin, a fresh Roamer who recently was supposed to turn 26, was one of Jungkook's closest friends, both coming from Busan and growing up together. They had moved to Seoul together, where Jungkook thought he could someday meet his soulmate. Jimin had agreed to follow him to pursue his career of dancing, something he had done ever since he learned how to walk.

Yoongi, on the other hand, had already found his soulmate before turning 25, and was in a happy relationship with a girl he was deeply in love with.

Jungkook aspired to be just like him, a soulmate of his own who he could spent all of eternity, to have and to hold.